Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

La Famiglia de Ombranari (Adventurer's Guild)

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky

What is The Ombranari?

La Famiglia de Ombranari (often shortened to The Ombranari) is a tradition of like-minded individuals seeking to better themselves and their community. For many, the draw to such an organization is that the members are not held back by their race, religion, homeland, or level of nobility. Instead, membership and their ranking within is based solely on their dedication, loyalty, and ambition to achieve.

Why should I join The Ombranari?

The Ombranari serves as a conduit for people of all backgrounds to forge strong relationships, learn new skills or improve upon existing ones, and most importantly to achieve their true potential. Our organization is also a wonderful space to collaborate and discuss matters of all kinds in a protected environment, which furthers trust between our members.

What does The Ombranari do?

Our organization believes in the act of charitable giving, whether that be financial help through donations, the assistance of completing quests, adventures, missions, ect, or the volunteering of time and effort to restoration and protection of the cities and communities we are stationed in. Members of the Ombranari are expected to take on community leadership roles in order to facilitate these acts.

How do I advance myself within the Ombranari?

Every member of the Ombranari will take on the challenge of realizing their potential and chasing their ambition to find their greatest self. However, while the organization has the tools to allow each member to attain these lofty goals, the Ombranari allows members to follow these desires at their own pace. In other words, each member determines their own level of involvement through their own actions. Advancing through the ranks of our organization is therefore not based on time with us, but how driven a person is to advance.

In Conclusion:

There are many reasons to join our family. Whether you are interested in fellowship and intelligent discussion, or would like to better yourself socially, financially, or otherwise, or just wanting to join the charitable and adventurous causes within the community, feel free to stop by our headquarters at Brume manor in Mockingbay.

(OOC: This is my attempt at an adventurer's guild, and by that I mean a group intended to stick together and work as a team during scripted adventures like the Incursion campaign currently going on, or any other staff or player run events that are open to the public. We'll likely be looking at having player run private events as well that will be for Ombranari members only. If you're looking for events to not feel as chaotic and like the idea of doing things as a team, this is the place for you!

This organization is meant to feel similar to rl organizations such as the Freemasons, Shriners, Odd Fellows, E Clampus Vitus, among others. The understanding is that it's a community based in fellowship with a healthy dose of secrecy to make things interesting.

There will also be extensive roleplay with the group outside events, and the idea is for people of different abilities to join so that we can all teach each other different skills, trade among ourselves, and essentially make a body capable of much more than what we're able to achieve as individuals.)

If you're interested in becoming part of our organization, please reply with the form included below. It will be considered a shorthand version of an application letter sent to us ICly:

Username:
Character Name:
Abilities:
Political Affiliation:
Religious Affiliation:
Reason for Joining:

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Scorpion Coins

For some time, a unique gold coin with a scorpion on one side and a three-eyed mask on the other has been in circulation. These coins have now been around for long enough that a general rumor would be common knowledge about them. That common knowledge is that the Scorpion Coins are a favor-based economy employed by shady types to exchange for services with no questions asked.

However, OOCly, here is a fuller description:

The Scorpion Coins are indeed a favor-based economy. To explain further, if your character wants a shiny new sword, instead of paying in radiants, they could offer a scorpion coin instead, if you have any to offer. But why would you want to make the process of buying a sword more complicated? Isn't just using rads easier? Yes, you'd be right. However, the Scorpion Coin comes with distinct advantages over standard money. Those would be it's discrete and anonymous use. So lets say instead, you want a specific sword stolen. Doing it yourself is dangerous. Going around talking to various people trying to find someone else who will do it for you is problematic as well. With the Scorpion Coin, you go to one person, and that person finds someone willing to do the job for you, all while keeping your identity a secret. The thief doesn't know who the benefactor is, and therefore won't get you in trouble if interrogated.

Now, because I want this to be a true living economy I am intentionally not setting a list for how many coins each action costs. However also understand that the actors may decline to do the task asked if they feel the coin amount is too low. I understand though that without a starting guideline it would be incredibly difficult to determine how many coins a thing should cost, and as such I offer the following guideline. 1 coin is for simple tasks. A new (nonmagical) sword or armor set, a potion, poison, or other small thing. 2 or more coins for more complex items, or for small crimes like petty theft. Higher end jobs like assassinations may be anywhere from five coins to dozens depending on how hard a person is to kill as well as how badly you want them dead. As I said before, these are merely guidelines and in the end you have to offer an amount that would be attractive for others to pursue.

But I don't have any Scorpion Coins, how do I acquire them? Simple, if you've been instructed ICly who to talk to, just ask for assignments. These assignments are the same requests that are put in by those with coins. Oh, and don't try to reproduce the coins. They are renamed gold nuggets, but the fun part is how the renaming process has made the coins literally forgery-proof. I won't go into details, but there's really no point trying.

and with that, let's have some fun.

Last edited:

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Brume Manor is located on that little island connected by the bridge; It's more or less on it's own. Its owned by Marek Brume ( 223hero7 ). We're in the process of negotiating a more permanent location in storms landing, but I'm very thankful of Mockingbays hospitality toward our organization!

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
Username: Megadonkey30
Character Name: Alexios de Serpento'
Abilities: Is pretty cool?
Political Affiliation: Usually the House that decides to contract him first.
Religious Affiliation: Jax and himself share much of the same ideology, however, Alexios does have an open mind.
Reason for Joining: Once a sword of hire, the idea of joining an organization, a brotherhood almost, is lightly exciting and new prospect.

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
I found out - Just became very confused when suddenly a guild shows up without anyone in the Azerwind control knowing xD
Yes you're more than welcome to stay there of course but please adress someone in RP about it. ^-^

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Yes you're more than welcome to stay there of course but please adress someone in RP about it. ^-^
I have already roleplayed the details out with the owner of the manor, though I can certainly do the same with either of you if it would help. :cool:
The organization has actually been running out of the Manor for quite a while now, we've just only now gone public due to increased interest. I hope this isn't an issue.

Username: Megadonkey30
Character Name: Alexios de Serpento'
Abilities: Is pretty cool?
Political Affiliation: Usually the House that decides to contract him first.
Religious Affiliation: Jax and himself share much of the same ideology, however, Alexios does have an open mind.
Reason for Joining: Once a sword of hire, the idea of joining an organization, a brotherhood almost, is lightly exciting and new prospect.
MY BOI, good to see you around once again. Stop by and we'll get you formally initiated.

ZeroOrgan

Lord of Altera
Username: WHATARUCKUS
Character Name: Camila De'Zarri
Abilities: , Basic combat abilities, quite abit of sailing knowledge, lock picking, sneaking, Adept archery.
Political Affiliation: None
Religious Affiliation: Acknowledges all gods, but doesn't pray on a daily basis.
Reason for Joining: "I see a community of friends and adventure!

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
I have already roleplayed the details out with the owner of the manor, though I can certainly do the same with either of you if it would help. :cool:
That would be nice! We were all pretty confused and clueless haha, but if it's an organisation that is running out of Mockingbay then the fam should know about it ^-^ I personally will be around as Citrine sometime today if you're around just poke me

HogoShi_Kitsune

Lord of Altera
Legend
HogoShi_Kitsune
HogoShi_Kitsune
Legend
Username: HogoShi_Kitsune
Character Name: Thyra Greeneyes
Abilities: Former battlefield commander and military advisor, three time mother, farming, troop morale
Political Affiliation: Unaffiliated
Religious Affiliation: Shalherana
Reason for Joining: Teaching, playing devil's advocate. "I am but a mirror whose only purpose is to show you what your own eyes cannot yet see."

Lizardpatio

Loyal Servant of Altera
Username: Lizardpatio
Character Name: Bet
Abilities: Writing, fist fighting, playing the lute.
Political Affiliation: None
Religious Affiliation: None, just a thirst for knowledge.
Reason for Joining: To be a part of a community, and to learn more about monsters.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Sorry for the delay in responding, been quite busy dealing with a number of IC and OOC issues.

ZeroOrgan, HogoShi_Kitsune, and Lizardpatio, feel free to pm me with what times you'd be open to roleplay. I think with the large number of applicants both posted here and from roleplay I'm going to hold a big "Newcomer Ceremony Event," so we can get everyone in at the same time, so I need to line up everyone schedules for that. Don't worry, if we can't get a time for everyone, you're still in, we'll just do a small personal ceremony for your character when you're free instead.

Nex, great to see you back!

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Forgive the double post, but for those looking to join please either add your skype name/address in your forum post or send it to me via pm, as organizing everything over skype is much easier than forum pm. If you don't have skype that's fine, though I would highly recommend getting it for ease of communication and the ability to get to know the rest of the group oocly.