Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Harvesting Plugin + Beta Period

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
] Project Overview [

Hello everyone,

Some of you have heard of the crafting rework teased at a while back. The short of it is that we're working on a system to standardize IC crafting and progress by making it plugin-based, with an experience system in the style of a traditional RPG. You gain experience by crafting actual in-game items from IC resources found in the world, and can name and customize the lore text of the things you make. As you progress you gain access to more difficult recipes, and can eventually choose a specialized branch of crafting to make expert crafts with intrinsically magical materials.

One of the stated goals of the project is to introduce more fantasy elements that are part of 'daily life' RP. Many new materials are being introduced for this with a range of magical and fantastical effects, from a metal that glows perpetually with heat to a sturdy wood that's near as light as air, and most can be found and used simply by exploring the map and crafting something with them.

This project also entails a paradigm shift towards an IC-driven economy. With the availability of custom items from a standardized system, we'll eventually adopt the standard of IC weapons and tools requiring a crafting-provided prop after the project has some time to breathe. This will be a gradual change, with availability of items considered; i.e if there aren't any characters that can make a sword in three months, we'll continue with the assumption of 'you can get generic swords from NPC merchants.'

There will be several phases of grandfathering people in, both for crafting experience and currently owned items/gear. Everyone will have access to roughly everything they have right now, and starting experience for crafting skills will be set to their current level IC. More to come on this later.

] Harvesting Beta [

The first stage of the project that we're releasing is the harvesting portion, which is how you get IC resources to craft with. For the next month or so the harvesting plugin will be in open beta on the main server for people to explore and play around with. This open beta is for bugtesting and feedback on how it feels to play, but I don't plan on resetting experience or reclaiming resources at the end of it. That said:
  • The list of materials is not finalized, and the current version does not contain all in development. Items found during the beta may not be considered IC by the end of it, depending on what the final list looks like.
  • A beta for crafting will likely also release during this period, with the same purpose.

Plugin Guide
Feedback Thread

I'll start generating nodes on the main map after this is posted. It'll likely take most of the rest of the day, but they should be around afterwards to find. Good luck, have fun!

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Update: I'm having an issue generating the nodes, will try again with a restart after the events today finish up.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Will this affect the ability to use/craft OOC items for material gathering? And how will this affect the creation of props for items our characters already own? Will I be restricted from renaming an item in an anvil to get the conquest metatextures, for example?

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Will say like something to saplings of these nodes be able to be collected and taken to be grown in apothecaries/greenhouses?
Having nodes for region produce is something we want to do, but we haven't decided how to implement it yet.

Will this affect the ability to use/craft OOC items for material gathering? And how will this affect the creation of props for items our characters already own? Will I be restricted from renaming an item in an anvil to get the conquest metatextures, for example?
You'll still be able to make vanilla MC tools and whatnot. For items that exist already, we'll have a period of grandfathering things in where we dole out props. You'll also still be able to rename them to the conquest textures on an anvil, or you can set that as the name when you make an item via the plugin.

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
This hypothetical occurence would probably be very rare, but I'm curious anyway-

Are there plans for players to be able to remove/temporarily disable nodes? via scorched earth or raiding, for example.

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
This hypothetical occurence would probably be very rare, but I'm curious anyway-

Are there plans for players to be able to remove/temporarily disable nodes? via scorched earth or raiding, for example.
Maybe as part of region resource nodes, but it's not planned for the ones you find around the map.