Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Harvesting Beta Feedback Thread

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
image_2021-01-15_111246.png

This notification should really come after your last harvest of the day, not before the next one. Bit annoying to go searching around for another node for however long and only then being told you can't harvest anymore.

Chiarophinx

Lord of Altera
Legend
All nodes have a recharge period based on the rarity of the item contained. Common items generally recharge after 1 day, with an increase of 1 day per tier. Rare items have no recharge period, but the node is deleted after it’s harvested.
This might be incorrect- but I've stumbled across exhausted nodes myself, but when I gather something that should create an exhausted node, it just disappears; Does gathering a common item node destroy the node but then create a new exhausted node somewhere else on the map rather than where it's meant to be?

That's my best guess as to what is happening, and I assume the intent is that it should create the exhausted node right where the original one you gathered from was.

Additonal side-track: This does actually make me curious about the 'no recharge period' on rare items. Does this mean whenever a rare node is harvested, it spawns elsewhere in the world, or what? Are common nodes meant to be in the same place forever?

Last edited:

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
This might be incorrect- but I've stumbled across exhausted nodes myself, but when I gather something that should create an exhausted node, it just disappears; Does gathering a common item node destroy the node but then create a new exhausted node somewhere else on the map rather than where it's meant to be?

That's my best guess as to what is happening, and I assume the intent is that it should create the exhausted node right where the original one you gathered from was.

Additonal side-track: This does actually make me curious about the 'no recharge period' on rare items. Does this mean whenever a rare node is harvested, it spawns elsewhere in the world, or what? Are common nodes meant to be in the same place forever?
You're spot on in the behavioral analysis, that's exactly what it does. It is intended as a feature though- I added the randomness in respawn location to prevent farming specific nodes. They'll respawn somewhere randomly within 1000 blocks.

On the rare items, it means that once they're harvested they don't respawn. Common nodes do respawn, but at randomized spots.

Chiarophinx

Lord of Altera
Legend
You're spot on in the behavioral analysis, that's exactly what it does. It is intended as a feature though- I added the randomness in respawn location to prevent farming specific nodes. They'll respawn somewhere randomly within 1000 blocks.

On the rare items, it means that once they're harvested they don't respawn. Common nodes do respawn, but at randomized spots.
Ah. Okay. I figured the point of it was to keep a sort of 'predictable' series of nodes for someone who liked farming around that region; Didn't think you wanted to deincentivze that with the way the whole 'node still exists but is on cooldown' thing worked. Funny that the harvested node just teleports away, but understandable. I thought it was more like common nodes were meant to stay in place when harvested, and come back; While rarer nodes were added until they reached a cap each restart, and then deleted when harvested.

Rare and above(?) don't respawn? Like, ever? Is there a limited amount of them then? 'Rare' is just orange, right? Since I've seen harvested purple nodes.
Or do they 'spawn' but don't use the 'respawn' system

Last edited:

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
I'm fairly certain that they despawn after collection. Only certain amount available. I believe this is to make them more valuable and harder to obtain. Though it was mentioned I think that they would spawn them in ever so often, just not regularly.

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
I started like last week collecting and making some stuff, I really enjoy this though I was wondering if it'd be possible to add a small but limited amount of XP for crafting ingots/components. For example, if you craft an iron ingot you gain 1 XP, which can total to like 10 XP in a day (so 10 ingots = 10 XP), but you can make however many ingots you want beyond that, it just won't give XP. Uncertain if it's been considered before, I think it'd be a nice way to give a little bit more XP in a given day, especially if you don't have a hilt or anything to make a finished product, but not as much as a sword/spear either.

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Ah. Okay. I figured the point of it was to keep a sort of 'predictable' series of nodes for someone who liked farming around that region; Didn't think you wanted to deincentivze that with the way the whole 'node still exists but is on cooldown' thing worked. Funny that the harvested node just teleports away, but understandable. I thought it was more like common nodes were meant to stay in place when harvested, and come back; While rarer nodes were added until they reached a cap each restart, and then deleted when harvested.

Rare and above(?) don't respawn? Like, ever? Is there a limited amount of them then? 'Rare' is just orange, right? Since I've seen harvested purple nodes.
Or do they 'spawn' but don't use the 'respawn' system
I don't remember the exact list off the top of my head, but there are very few out right now that don't respawn, and the ones that don't respawn are supposed to be limited/mostly gated behind events.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Does harvest level play any factor as of right now? I noticed we have levels that go along with our specialization so I'm curious.

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Yeah. IIRC the numbers right, every 25 levels up to 150 it increases the maximum amount you can get from a node. This is in turn decreased by the tier of the item (to a minimum of 1), so at the soft cap you can get up to 6 of a tier 0 material, and 2 of a tier 4.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Has the card-switch cooldown been reduced to 24 hours or five minutes? I still get the 24 hour cooldown notification whenever I try and switch cards to do some harvesting :' )

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Has the card-switch cooldown been reduced to 24 hours or five minutes? I still get the 24 hour cooldown notification whenever I try and switch cards to do some harvesting :' )
Definitely seems to be 5 minutes, but it indeed still says 24 hours