Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Harvesting Beta Feedback Thread

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I wouldn't mind seeing the nodes have a permanent place or at least being more common. Harvesting them, even with fly, is rather tedious especially when a lot of them don't give you anything.

Also, ores; realistically they probably shouldn't be hard to collect, at least for mundane ones. It's refining them that should be difficult imo.

Serenade

Loyal Servant of Altera
Patron
_Serenade_
_Serenade_
Patron
"Do any nodes give a successful harvest message but don't drop anything?"
After this new restart i cant harvest like all tiers of mining. But i can harvest gatherer/butcher related stuff.

Sekci

Lord of Altera
Patron
Sekci
Sekci
Patron
Perhaps allowing players to level up other skills besides their main? For example I took mining. Perhaps allowing harvesting and butchering to level up at a severly reduced rate and a cap way lower than the level 80ish~? softcap of the main skill?

Scardrac

Felsummer
I wouldn't mind seeing the nodes have a permanent place or at least being more common. Harvesting them, even with fly, is rather tedious especially when a lot of them don't give you anything.

Also, ores; realistically they probably shouldn't be hard to collect, at least for mundane ones. It's refining them that should be difficult imo.
There will be plenty of nodes for various materials that have a permanent place with custom builds.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
"Do any nodes give a successful harvest message but don't drop anything?"
After this new restart i cant harvest like all tiers of mining. But i can harvest gatherer/butcher related stuff.
Should be fixed, let me know if it isn't.

Perhaps allowing players to level up other skills besides their main? For example I took mining. Perhaps allowing harvesting and butchering to level up at a severly reduced rate and a cap way lower than the level 80ish~? softcap of the main skill?
Only being able to reliably harvest your specialized type was an intentional part of the design. I'm considering whether or not the coinflip is still useful or if it's just a pain in the ass, but the reasoning behind it is that we want people to interact and trade for materials and crafted items, and there's no need to do so if you can comfortably get everything on your own. Scarcity/restriction needs to be present somewhere in order for specialization and progression to mean anything, and there are a lot of interdependencies in the system as a whole that encourage it not being a solo game.

Also dropping some changes:
-Level softcap increased to 150 after seeing how quickly it was being reached
-Harvest drop amounts decreased at higher tiers
-Harvest cap increased to 32 per day

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
with how little resources it takes to craft and with its cooldowns, i'm not sure harvesting cap needed to be raised

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Retired Staff
Tideborne
Tideborne
Harvested to berry bush nodes, the stack of 4 and 5 that were spawned were identical except the 'Berries' item name was italicized for one stack and not the other.

Edit: Same issue with Maple Wood and Cotton. It may have something to do with going over level 100 since that was a recent change.

Last edited:

Intal

Lord of Altera
IntalCraft64
IntalCraft64
Just a suggestion: If it's possible, could the nodes be color coded based on their resource type? For instance, mining related nodes will have a gray "[!]", gathering ones will have a green exclamation mark etc. Just so it is possible to see at first glance what type of node it is.

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
I'm both for and against that. I'd be fine with any colour for mining that isn't the same as the rocks lol

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
Just a suggestion: If it's possible, could the nodes be color coded based on their resource type? For instance, mining related nodes will have a gray "[!]", gathering ones will have a green exclamation mark etc. Just so it is possible to see at first glance what type of node it is.
As a colour blind person, I need those nodes to stick out as much as humanly possible for me to see them. The really bright whatever colour they are now works well enough, so I am going to disagree here purely on selfish bases

Intal

Lord of Altera
IntalCraft64
IntalCraft64
Resource node types can still be determined by looking at their surroundings (Stone for ores, logs for wood etc.), and although this change would be aesthetic for me, I am now made aware that it would pose an inconvenience to others. Thus, I'm not pushing for its implementation.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
This is a suggestion.

This may sound a bit harsh, but I think it would be better if the harvest plugin was intertwined with the crafting plugin. In a way that if you spend all day harvesting, then you won't be able to craft anything. I.E: Crafting stations are set on cooldown, because you're exhausted. Vice versa, can't go out to gather if you've spent your day crafting.

I think this way, it would stress the importance gatherers, miners and hunters and the importance of the crafters that spend that time learning to make stuff, but likely have to buy or trade for the materials that they can't spend time getting

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
You wouldn't be able to pull that off without severely dropping the amount you gather down to almost nill. Like one drop per gather, and I still don't think that would work. If they implemented this currently, you would only delay the crafters perhaps one day out of idk three or four weeks? It would simply be a nuisance and wouldn't achieve what you wanted.

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
24 hour cool down period when switching chars seems a bit much. I understand why it's there but it feels like too much of a deterrent. I am definitely not saying get rid of the cool down but perhaps reduce it to, say, 6 hours? Gives someone the opportunity to rp as one char, switch off, then go harvest something in the same day

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
And off topic from the three above. Is there a reason why Bronze doesn't seem to be workable? Can't smelt the ore

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
And off topic from the three above. Is there a reason why Bronze doesn't seem to be workable? Can't smelt the ore
It's rank 1 material, I think. We start at 0.

My feedback is that iron is better than bronze so it should be rank 0.

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
Wouldnt it be nice if one was focused on GAthering that they coud hold shears and approach a sheep for wool in addition to Flax, Cotton, and silk?

Chiarophinx

Lord of Altera
Legend
24 hour cool down period when switching chars seems a bit much. I understand why it's there but it feels like too much of a deterrent. I am definitely not saying get rid of the cool down but perhaps reduce it to, say, 6 hours? Gives someone the opportunity to rp as one char, switch off, then go harvest something in the same day
This.

I assume the intent is to stop people from making cards with all different specializations, finding a node, switching to the appropriate card, and then gathering - which is a good idea, but it's implemented way too strictly. Since cards are, you know, attached to your character in rp. I sometimes see people with alts just, not switching cards because it ruins their chances of harvesting. Which is faintly annoying when their description/weight/height all that are just, wrong. Cards are fantastic, I love the at-a-glance descriptions so the very basics of a char's apperance don't have to be emoted and remembered for each player. This is just deincentivizing such a convenient system.

First of all- the cooldown doesn't even reset on server restart like nodes do, it's a full 24 hours. We're capped by the amount we can harvest eachday on our account anyways, so even if you do try to level three specializations simultaneously, you'll be levelling each one 3x slower than you would otherwise. Set the punishment duration from 24 hours to something like 10 minutes, if a person really wants to wait 10 minutes between each node just to level everything up but 3x slower, let them. I think that's deincentive for that practice enough, while not punishing people who have alts.

(At the very least make the cooldown time to server restart rather than 24 hours)

Last edited:

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
This.

I assume the intent is to stop people from making cards with all different specializations, finding a node, switching to the appropriate card, and then gathering - which is a good idea, but it's implemented way too strictly. Since cards are, you know, attached to your character in rp. I sometimes see people with alts just, not switching cards because it ruins their chances of harvesting. Which is faintly annoying when their description/weight/height all that are just, wrong. Cards are fantastic, I love the at-a-glance descriptions so the very basics of a char's apperance don't have to be emoted and remembered for each player. This is just deincentivizing such a convenient system.

First of all- the cooldown doesn't even reset on server restart like nodes do, it's a full 24 hours. We're capped by the amount we can harvest eachday on our account anyways, so even if you do try to level three specializations simultaneously, you'll be levelling each one 3x slower than you would otherwise. Set the punishment duration from 24 hours to something like 10 minutes, if a person really wants to wait 10 minutes between each node just to level everything up but 3x slower, let them. I think that's deincentive for that practice enough, while not punishing people who have alts.

(At the very least make the cooldown time to server restart rather than 24 hours)
Sounds reasonable. I've changed it to 5 minutes instead of 24 hours, should be live next restart.