Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Guys...

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
I like how almost noone in this thread give off that none of them acctually understands what is involved in esports.

"Electronic sports (eSports) is a term for the competitive play of video games. Other terms include competitive gaming, professional gaming, eSport, and cybersport. The most common video game genres associated with electronic sports are real-time strategy (RTS), fighting, first-person shooter (FPS), massively-multiplayer online (MMOG), racing and multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA). Games are played competitively at amateur, semi-professional and professional levels, and some games have organized competition in the form of leagues and tournaments. Events such as Major League Gaming (MLG), European Gaming League (EGL), Global Starcraft II League (GSL), World Cyber Games (WCG), Dreamhack, the Evolution Championship Series (EVO), and Intel Extreme Masters provide both live broadcasting of streamed games, and cash prizes to competitors."

Now they know :3

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Wow... who in their right mind decided to have a video game as a sport...
wow...
wow...
(and in the words of a good friend..)
WHAT ABOUT WORLD OF WARCRAFT?! DID YOU KNOW THAT MY CHARACTER IS A ....................

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
All of these people are complaining about League becoming a sport so I propose a question to you: Why shouldn't it be a sport?

-K9

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
And before someone says that it's not physical enough, just remember this: Darts is a sport.

Yes, darts. Throwing little pointy things with small pieces of plastic attached to the end so it's more aerodynamic. And then drink some pints.

-K9

Moochick

The Very Best, That No One Ever Was
I could make a very long list of activities that are recognized as a professional sport but I believe shouldn't.

EDIT: But that's just my opinion.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Is paying several million dollars to someone who plays a game, even if its a sport, hockey for example, okay to you?
Not to me.

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I think people deserve rewards for doing something that other people can not do at a certain level. I also agree the money spent on the major sports stars should be given to those that deserve it but I don't feel strongly enough about it to do something about it. If, however, you do feel that strongly then protest, demonstrate, make your feelings known. Opinions are great, words are too but unless we have actions to back these words up there may as well not be any words said at all.

Mine is just because its a computer game... its not right..

How the nether do you think that it makes a difference because it's a computer game? Gaming at such a level requires just as much, if not more skill than some of the major sports
out there.

-K9