Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Godbound- Looking for Willing Players

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
A friend of a friend invited several of my friends to play a game called Godbound, which is kinda based off older DnD with the twist that you play as a demigod essentially, I later joined in the game and found it to be tons of fun, to the point that I'm going to be trying to DM a game next fall at my school. Before that, though, I think it would be nice to also try dming a campaign with some of you guys if you'd like. One thing with godbound is that there's no overlying story, no big bad at the end, it's mostly each character with their own goals trying to complete said (usually pretty qworld changing) goals. An example is that, in our campaign, each character pretty much wants to take over their home territory, luckily we all came from different areas. I'd wait a bit after helping everyone make their characters, I'm aiming for about 3-5 people, to start coming up with a story so I can at least find a believable way to tie everyone's characters together. If anyone would like to participate, please note that I plan on using Discord over TS and we'd be using Roll20 to play, if anyone has any questions or would like to participate, please PM me.

Lastly, I'm gonna bug everyone after each session to give feedback, this is because I want to become a better gm, so please give me the full truth if you do join, I really would like to become good with this.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Almost forgot, would be doing this over the summer, not within 2-3 weeks, lastly, I'll be editting this post to have a few more details about Godbound.

How God creation works, the basic premise is that you are a mortal who managed to get up to the heavens and use the machinery of heaven to grant yourself godlike abilities. While you're not capable of destroying planets by sneezing yet, you can still do amazing things, based on the words you choose. Words of creation are the foundations of life itself, they embody everything regarding a certain niche of existence, there being 27 words atm. Each word has gifts that go along with it that are like skills or abilities, or traits, that relate to your word which allow you to affect the world around you in various ways. The words currently in the book are-
Alacrity
Artifice
Beasts
Bow
Command
Death
Deception
Earth
Endurance
Fate
Fertility
Fire
Health
Journeying
Knowledge
Luck
Might
Night
Passion
Sea
Shapeshifting
Sky
Sorcery (Spells and stuff)
Sun
Sword
Time
Wealth

While there are only these words, if you talked to me for an idea you had that does not encompass something already present (If you're one of the players) I could also work with you for making a word and gifts to go with it. This would take a lot of time, so I'm going to say right now that if you have this idea after character creation, but before the first session, which normally I'm fine with whatever changes so long as they're allowed and run by me first just so I know, I'm probably just gonna say no to it. that aside, those are the words and for those who are curious, here's a link to the godbound book (just note it's a bit of a WIP)
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1460/92/1460921559859.pdf

Last edited:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
currently adding links to the words above to google documents which contain more information on each word, including passive boons and a description of their lesser/greater gifts.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
dona dding links for each word, as well as the various spells you can cast with the sorcery word, if anything is linking to a different page than it should be, let me know

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
nevermind, got 5 people now, spots are closed, but feel free to ask questions and the like if you're interested in learning more about Godbound!

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
just a note to anyone interested though, I had a recent problem with trying to start a godbound game at my college, while I'm all for having fun and getting silly with things during sessions, and having weird stuff happen... I'd rather nobody try to make campaigns into jokes, this is something I'm devoting a fair amount of time to and I have no idea how to write a comedic campaign, so I go with one with generic kinda plot events and the like, I don't mind if you make fun of them, but dont turn the entire campaign into something for the garbage bin thread (Had people make characters like one person who just wanted to be a butcher, and would try to stay out of LITERALLY EVERYTHING, and someone else playing a complete comedic character that never took anything seriously.... even when I rolled and apparently had his hometown instantly flooded due to his own actions, kept cracking jokes despite his relation being that he loved his hometown and would do anything to protect it... yeah... I didn't get past buildup stories with these guys)