Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Game of Thrones [No Book Spoilers, but filled with TV Series Spoilers!]

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
I got the first season and just started watching as "homework" for hollow world.
Somehow I thought Cherbert would feel proud... :p
From what I read and heard about it I was convinced it was not my cup of tea. Too much blood and politics.
Same here! Thought it would be a lot like Spartacus: Blood and Sand so I did not bother to watch them.
I feel like have to watch the series now we are going this direction with Altera. I might even like it! ;)

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
No, Spartacus does not have too much blood and politics. It has blood, and blood, and blood and politics... and blood. Oh, and Lucy Lawless, so all is good. :)

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
Same here! Thought it would be a lot like Spartacus: Blood and Sand so I did not bother to watch them.
I feel like have to watch the series now we are going this direction with Altera. I might even like it! ;)
Honestly that's like comparing apples to oranges, in almost every aspect. If you want a rich storyline, GoT is the way to go and if you're more into blood, action and constant drama go with Spartacus.

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
Got to say that season 1 episode 6 is one of the funniest ones so far. I am watching season 2 as well but I was just revisiting season 1 because I find re-watching them is pretty awesome still. Sky prison, no gold!, eat a horse's heart, queen getting slapped; I could go on and on since that episode is just full of greatness.

NO GOLD!!!
No Gold.png

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Just watched the Season 1 Episode 2 with commentary. I have to say the music in that episode is first class!

The tracks called Goodbye Brother and The Kingsroad that both feature in S01E02

I have to agree, re-watching them is so rewarding - especially listening to the Audio Commentaries on the DVD/Bluray set.

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
This is such a good show. Is season 2 following the book the same way season 1 did? One of my friends said that a few scenes where added/taken out, and as I haven't watched it yet, I was just wondering.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
This is such a good show. Is season 2 following the book the same way season 1 did? One of my friends said that a few scenes where added/taken out, and as I haven't watched it yet, I was just wondering.
I wouldn't know about stuff being cut since I am only just getting to the end of reading Book 1.

So far Season Two is just as epic.