Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Game Of Crowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
The Game Of Crowns, for those who don't know what it is: Several Houses will participate in battling for the Crown.

The estimated length of this game will be at most a Month. It starts at the time of Tuesday the 1st of january and the War time is predicted for the 26th of January, Houses will be given until the Wars start to earn the radiants to enter, after that it will be closed and the Houses will begin their fight.

War Times information is available.

Why the Game is restarting
When the Game first started it was hosted by a few now retired Admins, when they left the other Admins were left to pick it up, having no idea what was going on or how it was run. This caused a lot of confusion and made everyone wait and wonder what was going on, unecessary fights started and it turned into a lot of OOC hate that caused several Houses to step out of the Game because it became too much to handle.

What the Game Of Crowns is
Firstly, let me tell you right now, that this is the crown, the King or Queen of Altera will wear it and rule over Port Silver and hopefully most of Altera. Will a human rule, or Elf, or a Greyling?

The Game of Crowns is a series of games and challenges for Houses to go through. The Leader or selected Representative of a House will be the one to claim the Crown after the wars have been fought and the strongest House is announced.

The Game will rely on 'points' that are counted by how many active members are in your House, it is 200 points per active house member, -500 for inactive. However, if a smaller house enters and has a low amount of points, they would no doubtedly win if they win both events during the war time.

The King will hold the Crown for three months and can decide to retire and start the games again, or if they fail their responsibilities, the game will automatically start again. They cannot give the Crown to someone else.

How to participate
Only large and active Houses may join the Game, there is an entrance fee to make sure only these Houses will enter.

100,000 Radiants must be paid to Fastidious_Quinn, once it is confirmed your house will be put into the list of competing Houses. The Houses will be given three weeks to earn this amount and cannot enter once the Games begin.

Alliances are allowed, but if the Allianced House has not paid the entrance fee then it will count as an unofficial Alliance and it will not assist with the Game at all. Only paying Houses can Alliance, otherwise any members wanting to join another House must either pay the entrance fee or leave their current House. Only people that do not belong in a House or have not paid can be hired as mecenaries.

What the King Gets

The overall Radiants from the entrance fee - Depending on how many Houses enter, the King will recieve all the Radiants to handle the responsibility of being King. Taking the money and leaving the throne to someone else will result in banishment from future games and the money forceable removed.

Hub spot - The Ship to Heavens Reach will be moved to Daggerfall, the remaining space shall belong to the Kings chosen town.

Ownership over the Noble District of Port Silver - This means that they RP own it, changing the builds or removing things are not allowed. However, their flag or symbol can show in Port Silver as the Kings Flag.

Holding Court - The King can hold a Court. Preferably these should be held once a week to keep him or her up to date with the happenings around Port Silver and Altera. The Court members should be high standing members of Altera, able to assist the King with whatever job is required.

These court holdings can judge criminals, or listen to the concern of citizens. The King can also set Bounties during these courts.

Resposibility over the building of a Temple of a God of Altera - The Cathedral is completed, but Shalherana has her Grove, Skeira has a Temple in Nilfheim and Kilrox has a Shrine, there are no such buildings for the other Gods. The King must fund the building of a temple and choose an appropriate town to settle the temple in. It must be in a currently active town and not a new region.

Archmage support - The Archmages of Altera will choose a wise and strong mage to assist the King whenever necessary.

War

Before the War time starts, Houses can battle with each other, as long as they're organised and every member understands what they're getting into. OOC fighting and complaining over lost items will not be tolerated.

These games will have War, but unorganised war during war time between Houses will not be allowed. Unofficially Allianced Houses can assist in Wars, but there is no real difference between an unofficial alliance and hiring mercenaries.

War time will start as soon as the entrance time has closed, the first War will begin in the Southern Wilds. Depending on the number of Houses participating, a tournament will take place. The winning House will take control of the Southern Wilds and have the choice to have a Private balloon in their town to it. This will add 10,000 Points to their House.

The Second War will be in a forgotten city, there will be no damage made to the city, it will simply be for a different aspect to the War, stealthy and skilled warriors will be best for this battle. The victorious House will win 10,000 Points as well.

After the War time, the winning House will be announced and they will choose their Leader or Representative to take the Crown.

Notable mages that may not participate in warzones:
Karasu1996
Darkabsorber
Madyson9105
Wilewolf
(more to come)

These mages shall only participate in political debates, and may not favor one single house.

Expected Behaviour vs What might happen
Starting brawls or fights in roleplay over the Crown is expected, but it must be kept to neutral territory or their own. We don't want this to turn into OOC hate at all, so keep Rp to Rp. This is supposed to be a game and it shouldn't be taken so seriously that we start hating each other. IF this were to happen over numerous warnings of players within the houses, the house owner shall either banish them from the house or will be exempt from the GoC.

Once the Games start, someone will be bound to win. Try not to hold grudges and cheer for the winner when they're declared King.

Entered Houses:
dracoshield2-Motto.png
House Lonmar
Arduin Crest1.png
House Arduin
Crest1.png
House Arcturus
House Hawklight3.png
House Hawklight
Untitled-1-2_zps5fac4709.png
House Taalmarr

kaza125

Lord of Altera
A question, in the war part of it. Is everyone given specific weapons and armour, or must we bring our own? (Only asking just to make preperations)

Markisbeest

Lord of Altera
So, what I am reading from this is that two of the three remaining houses that want the crown are leaving the competition. Since, I was under the impression that the claimant houses were Groothart, Arcturus and Lonmar, and I will not pay this ridiculous amount of money, nor do I think that Arcturus, however many resources they might have will want to/be able to bring up this kind of money, although I could be mistaken.

But who knows, perhaps there's a few new houses, like Noldor, Hawklight and Boulderpaul, that could bring up the money. At least it's nice to see somethings been done about it, although I felt slightly like the title was taken from Lonmar, even though we worked hard for it last go-through, quite a lot.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Also, can we have some clarification as to the roles of organisations in the Game? Because there are a couple that seem to want to get involved...

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
No one was properly running the GoC, so nothing was properly done, no one knew what was going on and there wasn't a definite winner because there wasn't anything planned or announced, anything about the GoC was kept in the Admin section and it was unfair to all the players kept oblivious.

The Entrance fee is to help the winning King pay for things that he needs to (as mentioned in the resposibilities) he will need to pay for the plots of a new temple around the same size of the Grove of Shalherana, and the supplies to build it. And it keeps every house and their baby's entering the GoC...

I'll be overviewing the GoC events and counting, therefore myself and the House I own (Tideborne) wont be participating in the Games.

Edit: I will drop the fee to 100k but that's as low as it's going. Being King is worth more than 100k :/

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
House Noldor is not going to take part in the event, merely trying to make money from it.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Finally! A prosperous and just government can be established on Altera!

So, what I am reading from this is that two of the three remaining houses that want the crown are leaving the competition. Since, I was under the impression that the claimant houses were Groothart, Arcturus and Lonmar, and I will not pay this ridiculous amount of money, nor do I think that Arcturus, however many resources they might have will want to/be able to bring up this kind of money, although I could be mistaken.
No worries mark, I can spend 100k ;)

Yoda

Lord of Altera
*plans to not do anything for the entire GoC and then assassinate the king and hand the crown to Markisbeest*

*wakes up*

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
So lets say a certain house pays the entrance fee..then pays my small house to be a group of mercs,must the small merc house also pay this fee? After all there never going to be the king as there just fighting as mercs?!

Yoda

Lord of Altera
So lets say a certain house pays the entrance fee..then pays my small house to be a group of mercs,must the small merc house also pay this fee? After all there never going to be the king as there just fighting as mercs?!
A mercenary will not have to pay to be part of the Game of Crowns.

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
A mercenary will not have to pay to be part of the Game of Crowns.
I'm asking if a Mercenary can be in a small mercenary/race percefic/violent clan House. Or must we leave the small Mercenary house then fight in the GoC, then after re-join?

Yoda

Lord of Altera
A house can help another house, but the latter house will only gain from it from fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.