Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [Frostwarts] The Masquerade of the Obscure [July 3rd / 5pm EST]

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
423e0d9e519aa4d5b2cbdb0f39eba528.jpg
Frostwarts
The Start of the Dark Term
or
"The Masquerade of the Obscure"

Frostwarts' third term has come to a close and Headmaster Kublai has been temporarily relieved of his duties at Frostwarts by a certain Kadhab of Sool, a previous Interim Headmaster. He was known for his mysterious attire, hiding under a cloak and mask, and thus it is only appropriate that the fourth term will begin with a masquerade! However Frostwarts is not a place for a formal evening of finger foods and banter; this masquerade comes with a twist!

Those who attend must pay distinct attention to the information they allow others to hear, for if anyone at any time guesses your identity you will walk away with empty pockets, your face revealed for all to see. If you successfully make it to the end of the night's activities without anyone guessing your name you will be given a prize of three-thousand radiants, as well as a beautiful, unique silver pendant you can use to brag about your success. Only three can win, so be sure you keep yourself hidden!

Anyone is welcome to attend, but, if you do so, please send a letter to the school prior, so that you can be lent a cloak and mask to wear for the event. This is to ensure that everyone who wishes to attend will be able to, regardless of their means, and to increase the difficulty of the guesses. You must listen to your opponents! Learn from their voices and their words alone.

There are only three rules:
-- You may not use Divine or Arcane magic for anything that would obscure your identity or find the identity of another. --
-- You may not ask questions involving a person's name, or about their physical appearance unless you're making a formal guess. You must go by what you know about a person's internal identity. --
-- Formal guesses must be made publicly, a successful guess being shouted to the rest of the party. (e.g. "Kublai Kull has been revealed!") --

If you would like to be an entertainer for the event:
We need one or two musicians and will accept one more entertainer of any kind, such as a juggler, acrobat, or some other such thing. You will not be required to wear a mask, but you can if you wish to. If you entertain at this event you will be given one-thousand radiants for your efforts.
Musician:
Musician:
Misc Entertainer:

Please sign up using this form:

Character name:
IGN:
Type of Entertainment:

The games of the evening will be:

The Lies of the Masque

This game is optional. Feel free to mill about making conversation, making guesses, or searching for clues for the next activity!

All others gather, sit together in a circle, and play a game of Tricksters In The Village!

Four people (or fewer, if necessary) will be assigned the role of Trickster, One person will be a City Guard and the rest will be Villagers. Everyone will shut their eyes as "Night falls" and the Tricksters will be told to wake to acknowledge each other and pick a person to target in the night. This Villager will be eliminated from the game, and be considered a "Ghost," rendering them unable to vote. After this, the Tricksters close their eyes once again, and the City Guard wakes up, choosing one person to interrogate in the night. This person will know they've been interrogated, and the City Guard will know if they're a Trickster or a Villager.

As "day" comes, everyone will open their eyes and discuss the recent death and who may be to blame. After some time for discussion, every living person must vote to see who must be executed! The person chosen will be given some time to defend themselves, then, the living will vote again to decide their fate. If they decide to spare the person they return to the living with no harm done to them. If they decide not to, the person becomes a Ghost.

The process repeats until a winner is found.

The Tricksters win if they are the only living people remaining.
The Villagers/City Guard wins if all the Tricksters become Ghosts.

For easy reference:

Villager: A peaceful member of the village with no special abilities, other than to vote in the day.
Trickster: In the day, an ordinary villager. In the night, a criminal who joins his allies in voting to kill one person.
City Guard: In the day, an ordinary villager. In the night, a defender of justice who can learn the role of one person.
Ghost: A deceased person unable to vote.

The team that wins will split a 4000 radiant prize evenly, whether dead or alive.

The Eyes of the Masque
Inscriptions representing numbers are hidden all about the hall. Take all of the ones you find, translate them, then add them together to get a final total. You will have some time to look around and then give your final answers. The closest to the total will receive a prize, and, if there's a tie, whoever enters their number first will win. You can enter your answer at any time from the beginning of the ball to the end of your allotted time.

First Prize: 1000 radiants

The Wisdom of the Masque
As the final game, all the masked individuals left are put on a stage. They will take turns standing before the crowd, answering yes-or-no questions from the audience. After 5 questions the crowd can either make a guess or pass to the next person until there are only three unmasked.

Each will obtain:
3000 radiants
An ornate silver pendant.

OOC:
Here is the skin that will be handed out to those attending. Please be sure to come with this skin, just so that no one has any particular advantage over anyone else. I also suggest making your nickname something describing your voice, accent, or mannerisms. Kadhab, for example, would be "Monotonous Sool."
Masquerade4px.png
Masquerade3px.png

Setting: Semi-Private
Please contact me (Via a forum conversation or discord at Olligreen#0718) if you wish to come. I just need to be sure your character will be known by at least a few people in attendance, or else things will get complicated.

Rating: Peaceful
Just because this is my first big event, and I've never DM'd CRP before. I'd explode.

Date: July 3rd

Time: 5pm EST

Tags: Elz Rygan blargtheawesome

Last edited:

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
Oh I love this idea and I've wanted to try doing an event like it but never did so I'm happy someone else did it!

Mr.Slime

Lord of Altera
Legend
Staff
Mr_00Slime
Mr_00Slime
Legend
So,... does the mask and cloak game offer exactly 2'5ft stilts? Asking for a friend...;)

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
So,... does the mask and cloak game offer exactly 2'5ft stilts? Asking for a friend...;)
Not included, but the suit can be retailored to allow for them, for sure!

It can also be retailored for any height, but... what fun is that?

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
Bumping this real quick to say that I'm still looking for folks to sign up! I'd like to get at least 10, maybe around 15 people before I get everyone together to work on a date.

Please contact me on Discord (Olligreen#0718) or through forum PMs to let me know which character you'd like to bring, if you're interested!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Bumping this real quick to say that I'm still looking for folks to sign up! I'd like to get at least 10, maybe around 15 people before I get everyone together to work on a date.

Please contact me on Discord (Olligreen#0718) or through forum PMs to let me know which character you'd like to bring, if you're interested!
Often I've found with such events is that the turn up is quite large also without sign ups. People who happen to be online tag along or during the day of the event look at their schedule and find time to join or join a bit late. I think if you've got 10 coming likely you'll have about 15 to 20 like at the Frostwarts ball. Maybe just make sure people who want to join last minute know where to find the skin and are sure to have read your thread for the rules and games? And then pick a time that suits you most cause it'll be very hard to find a date and time that 15 individuals can all make it to.

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
Often I've found with such events is that the turn up is quite large also without sign ups. People who happen to be online tag along or during the day of the event look at their schedule and find time to join or join a bit late. I think if you've got 10 coming likely you'll have about 15 to 20 like at the Frostwarts ball. Maybe just make sure people who want to join last minute know where to find the skin and are sure to have read your thread for the rules and games? And then pick a time that suits you most cause it'll be very hard to find a date and time that 15 individuals can all make it to.
Ah, okay I gotcha. The only problem with that, though, is I still have to be sure the characters that wish to come are known by the others, or else they immediately win. I could do that the day of, though, theoretically. Just PM em about who they're bringing to be sure it works.

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
The Masquerade will take place on Friday, the 3rd of July at 5pm EST!

Additionally, with the change in coloration of Frostwarts, the skins for the event have changed. Also there's a slim version now! (not sure why I didn't consider that before)

Masquerade4px.png
Masquerade3px.png

If you haven't signed up yet and still wish to go, you're not too late! Any time up to the event's beginning, just let me know on discord (Olligreen#0718), or on forum PMs with what character you'd like to bring, grab the skin, and come along!

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
This is tomorrow!

Here is a general timeline for the night's events:

Gathering of guests begins @ 5:00pm EST
Welcome announcements @ 5:15
Drinks come out, music starts @ 5:30
The Lies of the Masque @ 5:45
Searching for the Eyes of the Masque @ ~6:00
Eyes of the Masque winner announced @ 6:20
The Wisdom of the Masque @ 6:30

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
Just so everyone knows, Olli is dealing with some computer troubles. They don't know exactly what's going on, so they might be having connection issues. They don't want to go on the forums just in case it has something to do with it. Thank you all!

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
Fixed it up! Everything will go as planned. Sorry about that, folks.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Lemme know on discord how it went once you've got the time. I'm very curious! This has taken you a lot of effort to set up so I would love to know what happened and who won!