Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

EdgeLordCryptics Application [Accepted - Jase]

Sergeant Freedom

Lord of Altera
Sergeant_Freedom
Sergeant_Freedom
Legend
1. What is your Minecraft username?
EdgeLordCryptic

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using outside ideas or information in your characters gain. I.E. being told so and so over discord has done something bad and using it within RP. Power gaming is going over the stages of roleplay. Trying to make yourself all powerful or unkillable are among these.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
Well I've been training with the Force Recon teams for the past 2 years to join them. This is the USMC or the United States Marine Corps special forces under the Marine Raiders. I've poured my heart and soul into doing this and I've just wanted something to relax on. I enjoy running, lifting, competitive games and most other types. I'm big on gods and mythology's alike. I still have the theory of dying in combat will send someone to Valhalla.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Being a marine.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was just looking around and stumbled over this one.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
In a small cabin somewhere in the outstretching woods a family was having a monuments moment. Though not that large of an achievement it was beautiful none the less. A man standing 6,4 weighing 220 pounds of seemingly all muscle is sitting there with an 8 pound baby boy. Crying the man looks over to see a woman, his wife cold and still on the bed. He rushes over sobbing picking up her still body and his weeps seem to match that of his newborn son. Some time goes by and the man is stringing up his long-bow ready to go out hunting to get food for the week. His 8 year old son , Anfrid Raven Havenger runs up to his dad begging to with him. Smiling his father had prepared for this day and pulled out a much smaller bow than he had for his son. Smiling he began to remember his wife and thought of how happy she would be to see him growing up so well. He prepared his long-bow and arrows and setout with his overly cheerful son. As they approached the usual hunting spot they heard a crack from afar. The boy jumped a bit but his father already saw the beast that made the noise. He dropped low and motioned for his boy to do the same. He reached into his quiver pulling out a arrow and knocked it onto his bow preparing to take the shot. The boy finally was able to see what his father could see. "It's a massive elk the size of a man!" he thought to himself eager to see his father take down the beast. The father drew back the bow and paused, for just a moment you could hear voices in the wind it seemed. Father put the arrow back in the quiver and we kept walking. The boy was so confused, we could eat for months with an elk that size. After the days end and a good haul the boy gave up and asked his dad why they didn't kill the elk. His father explained how they are rangers, we kill what we can eat and no more. He explained "That was no normal elk son. Those are spirit animals guiding others on journeys. We protect the forests and those within." He didn't quite understand what that meant but he nodded anyways. A couple years passed and his father has taught him many things. He can now hunt, skin, and survive by himself off just nature. He is very familiar with the bow at this point and fairly familiar with both hand to hand combat and one handed combat but was warned by his father that it's a last resort and to rely on his stealth above all else. He was also given a pet hawk that he nicknamed Bloodeye that he never goes hunting without. He was 16 at the time when his father fell ill. It wasn't long before the healers came from the kingdom to look after him. Within weeks he was dead and that crushed him. 2 weeks go by of him hunting and living out of that cabin and it just doesn't feel right. He wants to go out and make something of himself. To be someone better. "The world is in such ruin, what can one lonely recruit do to help." But he ignored the thought and off he went to find his place in the world.

Character Name:
Anfrid Raven Havenger but he goes by Raven.

Character Age:

Character Race:
Anhalder

Appearance:
He is dirty blond, with a medium build, blue eyes and is a dark white. He wears an outfit woven by his father which matches the forests he grew up in.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

Raven grabs his bow and quiver, a satchel that contains soap made from wood ash and olive oil, as well as a block of alum for deodorant. He has flint and steel for starting fires. His pack of food includes water, dried apples, honey oat cakes, some cinnamon and nuts, and non-alcoholic ginger wine. He grabs his fathers hatchet for firewood, his dagger for skinning and puts them both on his side. He puts on the satchel, attaches the quiver to his side for easy reloads, puts the knife in it's holster on his right leg, and puts the hatchet in it's holster on his side. He puts on his cloak made for him by his father ties up his shoes and holsters the bow. He ponders for a moment thinking if he would be better off staying in the cabin and raising a family like his father. He shakes the thought away and walks out the door. Bloodeye his hawk and bestfriend is sitting waiting for him on the fence line. He sighs breathing in the cool air of the woods, looks around him one last time and follows the path to the kingdom. He has walked the woods thousands of times, seen animals grow and die. This is where he is at peace. He thinks to himself one last time "What can a ranger do to help a world that's already gone to hell." He continues to walk towards the kingdom and see's convoys of soldiers headed down the road towards god knows what. He prays for the safety of the men and continues walking. The more he walks the more he thinks to himself on the lessons his father has taught him. When he was 8 he was given his first bow and taught how to shoot. At 10 he was given a knife and shown how to skin. His father would always carry a sword with him no matter where he went which was odd to Raven. For a man that preached about relying on your stealth he always carried a sword. No matter. At the age of 13 he broke his arm falling out of a tree and was shown how to create healing salve as well as help the common sickness and dial down temperatures. His father taught him many valuable lessons that he is eternally grateful for. He was the best man he had ever met and hoped to be just as good of a man.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey friend, lovely application here, however, there are a few things I am going to need you to fix before I can whitelist you:
  • Generally, we don't allow people to start off with a strange pet, like a wolf or hawk. So in the case of Bloodeye- you will not be allowed to start in the world with him as your pet. Also, do also bear in mind NPC rules. If there is player v player conflict- your hawk or another NPC pet cannot intervene or interfere.
  • Try to keep your starting skills low and basic. We want you to expand your skill with time via Roleplay rather than starting off in the world with it. In order to grow this skill you will need to do solo RP (with an appropriate level of OOC time passing) or have a teacher.
Give me your thoughts on these by responding to the thread below!

Sergeant Freedom

Lord of Altera
Sergeant_Freedom
Sergeant_Freedom
Legend
Not starting out with the hawk works for me and I can also do away with the extra skills and just focus on picking them up within RP

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Not starting out with the hawk works for me and I can also do away with the extra skills and just focus on picking them up within RP
All good-
Sorry just got to this now. Welcome to the server friendo :)

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.