Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Eddie boy's Art thread

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
This will be a thread where I post my which should be obvious from the title but I'm writing this here for some reason. Wanted to kick this art thread off by posting the most beautiful blade that I've found in the conquest texture pack.

It's the Cleaver of the DragonGod

After finding this thing I've been trying to figure out a way for me to somehow wield this bad boy in character. I am still looking for a way to properly wield this but in that time searching I decided to make a non pixel art rendition of it with a few personal changes. Such as with the Pommel and the twisted leather handle. My next post here will probably be another sword or the chess set I'm working on for my class.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Very nice! You gonna post your drawings here too, or just 3D stuff?

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera

It's been a while since i've uploaded to my art thread and i've recently been inspired to create a 3D model of Thordil's Forge master Hammer. I did plan on rendering it in Unreal engine 4 but ran into a problem called being stupid. In the process of modeling the hammer in Maya I screwed up along the way which caused problems when texturing it in Substance Painter. Instead of coming out as 3 textures that had the details contained within a normal map, base color and bump map. It gave me 24 textures instead as it saw the Hammer head as 1 object, the handle as another object and so on and so forth. I would've liked to render this in Unreal as I believe it would've greatly showed off its depth in the engravings and hammer. I may either try to fix this in the future or restart the project. Till then here is my 3D render from the Substance painter viewport.
Jazzper
Full render of Hammer
1594002870439.png
Close up of Hammer head
1594003149023.png

I'll be looking at other artifacts or items that exist on the server and if any of them stick out to me I'll probably make a 3D render of it. Of course i'll be sure to try and look into the problems I met with this one and try not to have that happen again. Once I can get another hard drive for my computer I plan on dabbling in modelling 3D renders of actual characters.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend

It's been a while since i've uploaded to my art thread and i've recently been inspired to create a 3D model of Thordil's Forge master Hammer. I did plan on rendering it in Unreal engine 4 but ran into a problem called being stupid. In the process of modeling the hammer in Maya I screwed up along the way which caused problems when texturing it in Substance Painter. Instead of coming out as 3 textures that had the details contained within a normal map, base color and bump map. It gave me 24 textures instead as it saw the Hammer head as 1 object, the handle as another object and so on and so forth. I would've liked to render this in Unreal as I believe it would've greatly showed off its depth in the engravings and hammer. I may either try to fix this in the future or restart the project. Till then here is my 3D render from the Substance painter viewport.
Jazzper
Full render of Hammer
View attachment 112065
Close up of Hammer head
View attachment 112066

I'll be looking at other artifacts or items that exist on the server and if any of them stick out to me I'll probably make a 3D render of it. Of course i'll be sure to try and look into the problems I met with this one and try not to have that happen again. Once I can get another hard drive for my computer I plan on dabbling in modelling 3D renders of actual characters.
That's so cool! Can't wait for the characters c:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Why have I never seen this thread before? This is good stuff.

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Had lots of fun creating Thoril's Forge master hammer and learnt a lot from the process. I applied this to my newest creation and got better results but I still have much I need to improve on. For example organic shapes, definitely going to have to practice more with those in the future since this creation did happen to have some organic shapes in them. I decided to challenge myself and re-create a 3D model of Podric's Halberd Luminescence. If it weren't for the lovely drawing done by Kamaoe this project would've been much harder to do.
Luam
Render View
AxeRender1.png
Render View 2
AxeRender2.png
Axe head side view
AxeRender3.png
Complete Side View
AxeRender4.png
Note to self in the future, when taking the screen grabs of the item. Don't change it from 1 to 3. It'll make the image file too large to properly display. Ultimately though I had lots of fun working on this piece and hope I could properly replicate it. Next item will probably be another artifact, debating between doing an evil or good one.​

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
what the absolute mcfuck this is badass why cant i player love this twice
many curse sorry

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
I thought to myself what an armored Kraken would look like so decided to do a quick sketch of it.
1597859390125.png
If any staff/dms are feeling extra spicy you know what to throw at players.​

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Alright so lemme just get this out of the way real quick.
FUCK TRIDENTS
Or least fuck this trident specifically, it's odd shape and angles was a challenge to work with that caused me lots of mental damage as i tried to figure out how to properly model it. I need to practice more "organic" shapes and have actually learnt more techniques on how to apply them. With more practice I hopefully can create something a lot spicier and better looking in the future. So when i wasn't trying to tear my hair out over the model not working with me, i actually enjoyed this project a lot. I was forced to work out of my comfort zone and I think I was able to create something quite decent looking. I screwed up a bit in applying the textures because it didn't give me the exact look i wanted when rendering but by then it was already too late. This project wouldn't have been possible without Elz art of Cymic_ artifact Seabreak. I know last time i said i'd do an evil artifact and since this belonged to a Skraag worshipper i technically fulfilled that promise. But i'll look through the evil blessed again to see if i can find any interesting weapons or objects to make since last time i checked none of them caught my interest.

Close up Render

Full model turntable