Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Inactive [Desert Caparii] Lunar

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I will play this character actively once things come to a temporary conclusion in the IC Dwarven Community.

This is a character that will be part of the Desert Caparii culture, something BoredBrit and I are working on. I'm putting the description of the Desert Caparii in this thread. I believe we do not need approval of this stuff, but it's better to put it out here so staff can check on it and let me know. We did our very best to fit it with the existing lore and only make slight alterations because of logical reasons, such as their isolation, their different biome, and the effect these things have had on their culture.

LOTS OF STUFF TO BE ADDED FOR THIS CHARACTER!!
By roleplaying in isolation with Boredbrit (and hopefully others) we will shape our culture.
Through that, our template desert caparii will develop and become proper characters.
For now, take a picture of my char. I will draw his portrait later on.

Lunar.png

Desert-Caparii: TO BE APPROVED!

SUBRACE: most likely:
The Reds: The reds are the hairiest and most feral of the Caparii
[However, Greathorns can be found within some tribes]

These Caparii dwell in the most south-western part of Altera, the desert islands. This means they’ve
lived a very secluded life, without any interaction with the outside world whatsoever, except perhaps
a ship on the horizon. This has led to these Caparii believing they're the only ones on Altera and that
the world is made out of Desert and sea.

They mostly live underground, to avoid the heat of the sun and the cold of the night. Their caves
offer a place where the temperature is more stable and less extreme. These caves offer life, not only
to the Caparii; The deep, wet, damp caves are home to insects, slimy invertebrates, and fish or eels.
The walls of these caves are host to different sorts of algae and vines. All of which they eat.

APPEARANCE
These Caparii are a brutish and harsh people, much alike their environment. They are muscular and
hairy. Their hair-colors range from black to white, with the greyish forms often taking a sand-like
blonde color.

The older Caparii, that stay in the dark of their caves, often have dark fur and a bald head and chest.
Whilst their younger kin mostly wear a bright light fur, to deflect the heat of the sun on the surface.
This is the reason for their large amounts of hair. They grow long beards and have very brushy, long
eyebrows, to cast shadow over their eyes while they’re out in the desert.

Their ears are quite large. Their noses are flat and exactly like that of a goat. They’ve got a great set of
horns, which variety will be addressed later.

They naturally grow up to 6 feet, but even grow to 7 feet, which is a feet above the average caparii
size. The Caparii mature faster than humans, typically reaching adulthood in their early teens. Their
bodies degrade much slower however and they do not achieve old age until well into their second
century.

ADAPTATION
The Caparii prefer to travel in dusk and dawn, when the desert is at its least hostile temperature.

Their ears are larger than their kin from the forests, which has a double function. One is to hear
better, for to compensate for the lack of light in the caves. The other is to cool down. Their ears are
filled with blood vessels, which allows them to lose excess body heat by flapping them.

The Caparii can concentrate their urine into uric acid, which causes extra preservation of liquid in
their bodies. (there's an actual gazelle-kind of animal that does this IRL, so it seemed logical to me
that these fella's do it to)

They can grow up to 7 feet, which is to their benefit in the hot conditions. Large animals have a
slower metabolism and heart rate, and will thus be able to live longer lives in such extreme conditions as the desert.

CULTURE
The old Caparii are rumored to have developed special senses, for instance the gift of foresight,
dreamwalking, enchanting, or healing. Often the older Caparii take the role of shaman or witch-
doctor. This is the reason that younger Caparii often seek out the older ones for advice.

These Caparii are very infertile, which has caused this culture to perform elaborate rituals to Sallana,
when a figure from the higher social ranks plans to have a child. It also resulted into a fierce disliking
from the higher social ranks towards mating of Caparii between different social ranks within the
tribe. A child from a high and lower rank Caparii couple is often referred to as “a waste” or “a shame”
by the higher ranking individuals. Furthermore, the near inability of this tribe to create
offspring has resulted in a prime survival instinct to avoid danger and kill all that which seems
hostile, before asking questions and thus taking risks. This makes the race a very violent one. They
first would hide, but if anyone would ever come across them, he’d probably not tell the tale.

Their lust for competition is immense. These Caparii often have head-butt challenges, like goats
would, to create a ranking within the tribe. For this reason, it is often the most scarred Caparii that
stands at the top of the ranking and will thus have the largest choice of women to mate with.
Though, the Caparii take a lot of care not to fatally wound one another. Again, because of their as
good as inability to produce offspring.

The size of the horns is often an indicator of the personality of the Caparii. Those who fight a lot,
break or lose part of their horns. Those who do not fight at all, boast an amazing unscarred set of
horns. The horns do not cease to grow.

They have been devoid of the rest of the world for a long time and live on a relatively small island. In
their belief, they are the only ones in the entirety of Altera. Anyone they’d meet is regarded as a
demon and will be met as such, with violence. They believe there’s nothing else out there but their
desert and believe the desert is Shalheranna’s holy ground, so they treat it with immense respect.
They have no negative words for the conditions on their island.

The sea however, being the place where the demons come from, is regarded as a place of pure evil. A
desert Caparii would not willingly choose to board a boat or swim the sea.

HISTORY: <exact lore>
Legend say that The Caparii were created by Shalherana to defend her forests and have done so
valiantly since before recorded time. Naturally skilled hunters and trackers these woodsmen played a
major rolel in the defeat of Queen Grief during the Great War for Altera. Their almost supernatural
stealth and keen senses made them valuable scouts and deep reconnaissance was their specialty.
Since the Exodus many have set up small villages in the deepest forests Altera has to offer and are
seldom seen.

COMMON BELIEFS:
<exact lore>
They are the descendants of Shalherana herself and have a holy obligation to protect their home groves and grottoes.

COMMON NAMES: Sand, Storm, Thunder, Shadow, Big-Horn, Scar, Sun, Frost.​

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I believe something like this needs lore approval before posting, seeing as how it's meant to be a full culture, rather than a developing one.
Somnastra Faelin Just to be safe.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Lunar's skin looks like my uncle on a tuesday

I would love to see this culture be approved and I would love to play one of them once they are approved.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Ehmm... I took a look at the thread you provided and found Faelin saying this:

In the wise words of Naelwyn: “If someone gets a group of players together and they're all playing desert-dwelling humans who have a preference for clean red linens and always wear a Fez, all the power to them. They get no special abilities or anything but are totally free to define things like their cultural morality and taboos, diet, clothes, architectural style, etc.”

Newly emerging cultures can be created without official approval provided they don’t cross any lines with the setting, but once they’ve established a bit of history in-game, if you want them to be included on the main lore forum, a lore submission will need to be sent.

I don't think this culture crosses any lines with the setting, but I might be wrong

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Ehmm... I took a look at the thread you provided and found Faelin saying this:

In the wise words of Naelwyn: “If someone gets a group of players together and they're all playing desert-dwelling humans who have a preference for clean red linens and always wear a Fez, all the power to them. They get no special abilities or anything but are totally free to define things like their cultural morality and taboos, diet, clothes, architectural style, etc.”

Newly emerging cultures can be created without official approval provided they don’t cross any lines with the setting, but once they’ve established a bit of history in-game, if you want them to be included on the main lore forum, a lore submission will need to be sent.

I don't think this culture crosses any lines with the setting, but I might be wrong
Caparii are from the forest traditionally. A desert Caparii race seems a bit out there in contrast to the Sooleran which are an approved culture.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
You also play with the physiology, giving them larger ears for better hearing advantage, infertility, etc. Best to talk to Faelin and such. :3

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
alright, so I couldn't find a "lore submission" subforum. Best I just pm them?