Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Dec 20] Candelight Festival

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
1606874037168.png

CANDLELIGHT FESTIVAL
Festivities of Winter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
1606874307505.png

1606874459626.pngA holiday where friends and family exchanges gifts and enjoy the candle light in a grand tree.
Goodwill is spread, and the hardships of the year are reminisced over and left for the new year.

Traders who are interested in setting up a stall of their own are welcome to do so, simply claim one for yourself!

DATE || Sunday 20th December
TIME : Starting at 5PM EST - and the tree will remain for a week for those collecting presents.
RATING : Moderate

AVAILABLE STALLS & TENTS
If you would like to set up a stall post below with your IG name (and wares) and I'll place a sign for your stall/sort perms.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
1606874307505.png

4/8
(No hard limit on stall #s. We'll make tents, too)

Cozy's Cocoa - NPC Trader
A stall selling steaming cups of cocoa milk and other variants

Fronslin's Colorful Candles - Fronslin
An array of colorful wax

Crow's Elixirs & Tattoo Parlor: Taking It On The Road - Electric
Asero will do tattoos and possibly sell a handful of potions and wood carvings

Jax's Mystic- tyufiire7
Umbra will be selling potpourris, Jax statuettes, and incense sticks of Jax.

The Shaman's Tent- Blorbis83
A tent full of mystical mysteries

Stall or Tent Entry:
IGN:
Stall Owner:
Stall Name:
Description:

- - -
GAMES & ACTIVITIES
If you have a suggestion you can post below! Descriptions will be added soon.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
1606874307505.png

-SUGAR PLUM OBSTACLE-
Hosted at the Beginning of the Festival

The Tourney location will be fashioned with obstacles. Barrels will be filled with sugar plums or gift tokens through different obstacle feats. Attendees may collect as many tokens as possible within the festival time.

When they’re ready, they can trade in their gift tokens for prizes under the Giving Tree.

- CRACKER BARREL STRENGTH TEST -
Hosted second at the Festival: 20-30mins - Considered an intermission or break to visit stalls and tents.

Barrels and Barrels will be lined up in an area of the Festival Grounds. Some Barrels are foul while others are special. Volunteers must take up an axe, of their own or one offered, and choose one Barrel among the many.
They must not touch it to see its weight. If they break the Barrel with their axe or a chosen tool, after three attempts, they may keep whatever was hidden inside.
If they fail- they must pay again to try.

(Make sure you have a modifier set with your character's /card. If not, you'll use a straight /roll 1d20)

Entry Fee: 300 rads
No pre-signups needed.

Earned 5.4k For Funds

- REINDEER RACING COURSE -
Hosted third at the Festival: 30mins

A traditional race of Reindeer to end the year!

Attendees Horses will be decked out with antlers. They must start at the starting line at the edge of the Festival grounds and race their opponents down the cobble pathway, that's littered with obstacles, to a waypoint. Here- they must claim a colorful banner. Then they must race back with the banner and claim the winning spot.
There will be only one round, unless attendees call for an encore.

( Make sure you have a horse with /h summon.
You may bring copy of your character's own House or Personal banner. )

First Place: 5k + Prize -
Winner Elz Arielle
Second Place: 2.5k + Prize - Winner Fredolator Elliot
Third Place: 1k + Prize - Donated to Funds

No Entry Fee
No pre-signups needed.

- FIGHTING TOURNEY DONATION POOL -
The Festival's host is setting up a donation pool at the beginning of the Festival and up to the end -
This pool of donations will go to the first SPRING fighting tourney hosted in Storm Landing's refurnished Fighting Arena.

(Most likely hosted in the Spring Quarter, after the holidays. To Donate- take a screenshot of however much amount you want to donate to solusrequiem. I'll count it up and set it in the server bank for the tourney host to pull from)

Donation Pool: xx

- SECRET GIVER -
At the end of the festival- the host will gather everyone together to light the Giving Tree during sunset and attendees can begin the Secret Giver Event.
Details posted by Kamaoe

- THE GIVING TREE -
The Giving Tree will be located in the middle of the Festival Grounds. As we get closer to the date of event- it'll be decorated more thoroughly. It will have presents (chests) below it, marked for individuals that want to give their presents to someone else during the event. Attendees will be allowed to pass around gifts of their own accord at this time. Those participating in the "Secret Giver" activity may have their presents here marked by then (which guarantees all participating will receive at least one anonymous present).
(Contact Kam or myself if you want to set up a present anonymously.)

format credit Elz for HarvestFestival

I'm hoping having this a week before the Holiday weekends will give other folk who want winter festivals an opening.
If you have an activity you want to host- PM Kam or me or send a Support Ticket!

Most of this is still a wip- Keep your eyes peeled​

Last edited:

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
For the Secret Giver portion of the event, post a character of yours that you would like to participate. On the 11th, I will PM you with which other participant you must ICly get a gift for.

Current Givers:

Arielle
Tylla
Florence
Ronak
Illy
Maple
Ratman

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Could I have a stall to give out colored flame candles for the occasion?

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
This sounds really fun!
gimme stall

IGN:
electricwisekid
Stall Owner: Asero Crow
Stall Name: Crow's Elixirs & Tattoo Parlor: Taking It On The Road
Description: Asero will do tattoos and possibly sell a handful of potions and wood carvings : )

tyufiire7

Lord of Altera
Legend
UmbraNight
UmbraNight
Legend
IGN: UmbraNight
Stall owner: Umbra de Noctis
Stall name: Jax's Mystic
Description: Umbra will be selling potpourris, Jax statuettes, and incense sticks of Jax.
Umbra will also do the secret giver

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
+Details have been added! I've set up estimated times of how long each course may run. Players are free to spectate or visit stalls and tents in between or during course breaks. Catering and Musicians are always welcome at the stage if any wish to.

- RAT KING's SUGAR PLUM OBSTACLE-
- CRACKER BARREL STRENGTH TEST -
- REINDEER RACING COURSE -
- FIGHTING TOURNEY DONATION POOL -
I've removed the lottery pool in case players want to host it themselves and put more focus on the one gift game, rather than gifts all around, as another event by Olli includes gifts. If players want SL to host a lottery pool, I'll readd it.

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
Drawing the line for Gift Giver, and will be PMing those participating.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
-SUGAR PLUM OBSTACLE-
Hosted at the Beginning of the Festival

The Tourney location will be fashioned with obstacles. Barrels will be filled with sugar plums or gift tokens through different obstacle feats. Attendees may collect as many tokens as possible within the festival time.

When they’re ready, they can trade in their gift tokens for prizes under the Giving Tree.
Some irl has caught up that I can’t give too much focus on this part of the event. And there was a lack of signups- So I made it easier to manage. More focus will be given for people to explore stalls at the start.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
The 1st half of the grounds is setup for stalls. I'll add players who own stalls (or have help in adding). We need to be on at the same time.

Ready for stallsetup
Fronslin

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Eta 2 hours
If you have a stall unfinished, you should set up, soon.