Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

<Currently: 11 Quests> Quelony Quest-Town

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Quelony nighttime.jpg

Short Region Description:
This region will be my little experiment site, in which I hope to use you as my lab-rats. The idea is to make an interactive town.
Every single building will have a purpose for a certain quest. Everything will be interactive if you have started the right quests.

The region will accommodate quests that can be done without me being online. You can go there, start questing, and leave whenever you like.
A lot of areas will be inaccessible in the beginning, but the more quests you finish, the more areas you'll be able to enter, (make sure you write down the passwords somewhere.)

I will attempt to make several quests with significance and an ongoing story-line, where you can only start some quests if you've done the others.
With each Quest I create, the town will grow, as I make the quest sites by hand. So right now the region is small with just a few things around. This will only grow bigger and bigger.

Doing Quests will earn you Quelony QuestPoints which may be traded with me for a bunch of prizes. (I'll make a list and their QQP prizes)

Quests at Quelony:

The Guilds Questline
Get admitted into the guild-houses for special loot-chests by proving your skills in all or some of the following: farming, herb-lore, fishing, woodcutting, crafting, construction, hunting, combat, cooking.

The Fishing Guild:
- Forgetful Fisherman -
This is a Skills Quest: <Fishing>
Starting Location: In front of the fishing hut
Length: Short to Long
Requirements: none
Rewards:
Access to the fisherman's hut,
Access to the Novice Fisherman chest,
Access to the island's cave

- Something Smells Fishy -
Starting Location: The cave on the island in the river, the code is in the novice fisherman chest.
Length: Medium
Requirements: Finished "Forgetful Fisherman" quest, Fishing rod, access to the chef's kitchen.
Rewards:
Access to the Adept Fisherman chest,
Access to the Witch's chest.

- Swimming with the Fishes -
COMING SOON!
Starting Location:
Length: medium
Requirements: Finished "Something Smells Fishy" quest,
Rewards: Access to the Expert Fisherman chest,

- You bite the fish, the fish bites back, my man -
COMING SOON!
Starting Location:
Length: long
Requirements: Finished "Swimming with the Fishes" quest,
Rewards: Access to the Master Fisherman chest

The Cooking Guild:
- An Upgrade -
This is a Skills Quest: <Cooking>
Starting Location: Quelony's campfire.
Length: short
Requirements: Raw Beef.
Rewards:
Access to the Chef's Kitchen,
Access to Novice Cooking Chest,

- A Gay Ole Time -
This is a Skills Quest: <Cooking>
Starting Location: The Chef's Kitchen.
Length: Short
Requirements: Finished 'An Upgrade' Quest, an emerald,
Rewards:
A Splendid Cake
Access to Adept Cooking Chest

The Smithing Guild:
- Bellowing up the wrong tree -
This is a Skills Quest: <Smithing>
Starting Location: The Smithy
Requirements: A gold nugget
Rewards:
Access to the Smith's Storage,
access to Novice Smithing Chest,

The Thieving Guild:
- Delicate Delicacies -
This is a Skills Quest: <Thieving>
Starting Location: Shady Jim
Length: short
Requirements: none
Rewards:
A cake,
Access to the Shady Hide-out,
access to Novice Thieving Chest,

- Tunnel Trouble -
Starting Location: Shady hide-out
Requirements: Finished Delicate Delicacies quest.
Rewards:
A Golden Bracelet
Access to Adept Thieving Chest (if you can find it)

- Ruined Nobility -
Starting Location: Shady Sam's office, password in Adept thieving chest.
Requirements: Finished Tunnel Trouble quest.
Rewards:
A Diamond Ring
Decorative Vase
Access to Expert Thieving Chest

- On Your Guard! -
Starting Location: Master Thief's Hide-Out, password in Expert thieving chest.
Length: Long
Requirements: Finished Ruined Nobility quest.
Rewards:
A Gold Block,
an Emerald Block,
Access to Master Thieving Chest

The Farming Guild:
- Farmer's Favors -
This is a Skills Quest: <Farming>
Starting Location: The Barn
Requirements: Seeds
Rewards:
An egg, milk and wheat
access to Novice Farming Chest

- For the Weary -
This is a Skills Quest: <Farming>
Starting Location: The Herbalist's hut, code in novice farming chest
Requirements: Finished Farmer's Favors
Rewards:
a "Healthy Herb Mix"
Access to Adept Farming Chest

The Path of the Damned Questline
Some evil deeds to put on your resume!
COMING SOON!

- Template Title -
This is a Dark Side Quest: <Insert rating>
Starting Location: <insert location>
Requirements: <insert requirements>
Rewards: <insert rewards>

Natives Relations Questline
Get the respect of the entire town by solving the struggles between the native forest-dwellers and the towns-folk.
COMING SOON!

- Template Title -
This is a Natives Relations Quest: <insert rating>

"I'm Going Abroad Momma" Questline
Quests that stretch beyond this single region.
COMING probably not very SOON!

- Template Title -
This is a Quest that plays through several regions: <Insert regions involved>

Elaborate Region Description:
This town has the purpose of being entirely interactive.
  • You receive a story
  • You figure out the important key elements of the story to find out where to go and what to do
  • You go out and do what needs to be done to complete the quest
  • You find roleplay (a place to loot, something to slay, a puzzle to solve, etc.)
  • You finish the quest and write down the passwords you've gained somewhere, so you can continue at another time.

I intend on making a place for every kind of character there. Not to live, but just to visit every now and then.
This means you cannot (normally) live in this town. There won't be an application form to fill in.
Instead, people remain at the regions their characters live in, so I'm not spreading out rp too much.

You can do any quest you like to do, though they are tailored to personas. If you have a good character and you start on an evil quest, you might not want to finish it, as it might break character.
I'll give you some examples:

• Your character is an ignite, yet to get the password required to continue the quest, your char needs to do something heretical
  • Your character is an old man, yet to finish the quest, you need to climb a tree, jump over ravines, and swing on ropes.
Quelony QuestPoint Market:
In the middle of the town, there is a market, where Adventurers like yourself may exchange the points they earned in their quests for useful items.

1 Quelony Questpoint is worth 200 radiants and can be exchanged for such. Yet, there's also lots of fun and useful stuff to buy with it, like:
- Hedgehogs
- Sea Lanterns
- Sponge Block
- Bookcases
- Gold Ingots
- Iron Ingots
- Leather
- Cobwebs
- Feathers
- Tropical Fish in a Bucket

Later on, once all guild quests are set up, you'll be able to use your QuestPoints to buy codes to access quests with much higher loot!

Frequently Asked Questions:
  1. When is this going to be a thing?
    As soon as /cpassword and /cprivate work again, I'm going to start setting these up. I'll put a comment here once the first quest is up, so do comment here to get that notification. While you're waiting, there are three random quests at Nid Arach to do: ( https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/fortress-nid-arach.44480/ )

2. Weren't you going to make a colony at that spot?
    Yes, I was. But it didn't work out. I think the main reason is that people already have a spot they RP at and they have significant RP there. That is why I think this will work, because you can just visit, do a few quests until you're bored, and go back to the good quality RP at any other region when your mates are back online.

3. how do you start a quest?
    • You start the quest by trying to do what the quest-giver asks of you. So just go ahead and start doing the quests, they'll lead you onto the right path. If you want to know more, this is what you can expect:
      1. Find and item
        Forgetful Fisherman is a quest in which the adventurer needs to find a key. They'll have to look for a sign that indicates the item requested by the quest-giver. On that sign they will find a code. This code will unlock either the reward of the quest or a door to a new area for the same quest. In the case of Forgetful Fisherman, the sign will say that you've found the key and the code unlocks the door to the hut.
      2. Use an item
        An Upgrade is a quest in which the adventurer has to deliver an ooc item. The Chef will ask you to cook something for him and give him a taste. In this case, you drop the item in the hopper and if you put the correct item in, another item will come out of the dispenser. Again, if there is a code on the item that comes out, this gives you access to a door or chest. In the case of An Upgrade, it gives access to the Chef's Kitchen.
      3. Solve a puzzle
        Some quests require you to solve a redstone puzzle in order for the next door to open.
    • These are three challenges you'll often find in quests. On top of that, it's often part of the quest to find out where the quests wants you to go. The Delicate Delicacies quest mentions stealing a cake from the Chef, so you'll have to figure out yourself where this cake is. Or in other words; where the chest is that you need to use the code that you got from the start of Delicate Delicacies.
  4. ...
map quelony.png

Map.jpg

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'm hyped. Even if it turns out to be a flop. I enjoyed setting up the quests in Nid Arach so much, that I wanna make an entire region out of this.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
3 quests are live now!
Forgetful Fisherman and the sequel Something Smells Fishy are two quests around the Fishing-skill
An Upgrade is the first quest of the Cooking Guild series!
Looking forward to seeing people try it out :)
Forgetful Fisherman.jpg

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
5 Quests are live now!
Bellowing up the wrong tree is the first quest of the Smithing Guild.
Delicate Delicacies is the first quest of the Thieving Guild.

I was happy to see BoredBrit and Luam try some quests out for the first time :)
More to come!!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
6 Quests are live now!
A new thieving quest has been added! (Now I really have to get back to uni work :( I'll be back adding more quests tonight)
Tunnel Trouble is the adept quest of the Thieving Guild Series featuring an underground passage puzzle.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
8 Quests are live now!
Farmer's Favors is the first quest of the Farming Guild Series, a new quest-line surrounding a sick farmer.
A Gay Ole Time is the second and probably last quest of the Cooking Guild Series.
Farmer's Favors.jpg

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Questing at Quelony has never been more fun :D
Now you can trade your Quelony QuestPoints for cool items!
You can trade the points for radiants, use them to get codes for High-loot quests, buy resources, or save up for some rare valuables!
Marketplacec.jpg

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
10 quests are live now!
Ruined Nobility and On Your Guard! are the last 2 quests of the Thieving Guild Series.
The series start out with a small act of thievery, and end in a huge one! :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
To make it more interesting, I've added armor stands with clothing and faces to the signs :)
I hope to organize an event at Quelony soon, once I've finished some more quests.
Then we can all quest together and explore!
Guards Vault.jpg

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
11 quests are live now!
For the Weary is the second quest in the Farming Guild Series.
Help a sick man out and you might save more lives than expected!

Thanks Cukie1 for building this quest together!

Ce1ebrant

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Ce1ebrant
Ce1ebrant
how do you start a quest? Do you right-click the sign or something? (I wanna try this so bad but I don't know how!!!)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
how do you start a quest? Do you right-click the sign or something? (I wanna try this so bad but I don't know how!!!)
Great enthusiasm! The sign gives you a hint what to do, and then you just do it! :)
  • You start the quest by trying to do what the quest-giver asks of you. So just go ahead and start doing the quests, they'll lead you onto the right path. If you want to know more, this is what you can expect:
    1. Find and item
      Forgetful Fisherman is a quest in which the adventurer needs to find a key. They'll have to look for a sign that indicates the item requested by the quest-giver. On that sign they will find a code. This code will unlock either the reward of the quest or a door to a new area for the same quest. In the case of Forgetful Fisherman, the sign will say that you've found the key and the code unlocks the door to the hut.
    2. Use an item
      An Upgrade is a quest in which the adventurer has to deliver an ooc item. The Chef will ask you to cook something for him and give him a taste. In this case, you drop the item in the hopper and if you put the correct item in, another item will come out of the dispenser. Again, if there is a code on the item that comes out, this gives you access to a door or chest. In the case of An Upgrade, it gives access to the Chef's Kitchen.
    3. Solve a puzzle
      Some quests require you to solve a redstone puzzle in order for the next door to open.
  • These are three challenges you'll often find in quests. On top of that, it's often part of the quest to find out where the quests wants you to go. The Delicate Delicacies quest mentions stealing a cake from the Chef, so you'll have to figure out yourself where this cake is. Or in other words; where the chest is that you need to use the code that you got from the start of Delicate Delicacies.

Last edited: