Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Crafting Plugin Feedback + FAQ Thread

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
It's rank 1 material, I think. We start at 0.

My feedback is that iron is better than bronze so it should be rank 0.
Where are we with this? From what I can tell of the colour coding, I think Bronze has been changed to a rank 0 material, but I still can't work it. I've tried different combinations of different raw materials, all at the smithing station, and nothing comes up to make bronze ingots.

JustTheEngineer

Country roads, take me home
Evil
Legend
Retired Staff
JustTheEngineer
JustTheEngineer
Evil
Where are we with this? From what I can tell of the colour coding, I think Bronze has been changed to a rank 0 material, but I still can't work it. I've tried different combinations of different raw materials, all at the smithing station, and nothing comes up to make bronze ingots.
Not sure if this is intended or not, but currently in the plugin bronze is an apprentice level material.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
I believe they stated earlier that they marked it as a low grade material that required a higher rank to use. Thought they mentioned planning to change the mat rank to be higher though. been a while though and I have been focusing harvesting rather than smithing so idk

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Not sure if it's been mentioned here before, if it has then ignore this question i guess. I crafted an iron buckler and right clicked to get the book. Gave it a name and a description and signed it. Though the iron buckler didn't change, is this intentional or a glitch?

JustTheEngineer

Country roads, take me home
Evil
Legend
Retired Staff
JustTheEngineer
JustTheEngineer
Evil
Feedback
Apprentice level items should give apprentice level experience, regardless of what material type is being used. This should be the same for all higher tiered item rankings. Otherwise you are being forced to grind for a specific material instead of focusing on what is realistic to be making.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Are you trying it at an anvil, or a furnace? Most ingots are made at the latter, and it looks like it works for me in testing.

I believe they stated earlier that they marked it as a low grade material that required a higher rank to use. Thought they mentioned planning to change the mat rank to be higher though. been a while though and I have been focusing harvesting rather than smithing so idk
Aye, we're playing around a bit with material tiers to try and get something more or less intuitive.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here before, if it has then ignore this question i guess. I crafted an iron buckler and right clicked to get the book. Gave it a name and a description and signed it. Though the iron buckler didn't change, is this intentional or a glitch?
Probably a glitch, but I think sometimes it has a tricky time finding the item the book's bound to in the inventory if it's moved around. Let me know if discarding the book and trying to get a new one doesn't work, and if it's still a problem I'll take a look at doing it a different way in the code.

Feedback
Apprentice level items should give apprentice level experience, regardless of what material type is being used. This should be the same for all higher tiered item rankings. Otherwise you are being forced to grind for a specific material instead of focusing on what is realistic to be making.
IMO the material tier should be the main deciding factor, else you kinda remove the cost of actually needing to use expensive materials to progress efficiently. For compromise we'll look at having readily-refinable variants of common materials for different tiers, so that there's always a reliable source.

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
Are you trying it at an anvil, or a furnace? Most ingots are made at the latter, and it looks like it works for me in testing.
It looks like I'm not high enough level, but Bronze is labeled in white? All the other Novice level materials are coloured white but Bronze is still Apprentice?

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
It looks like I'm not high enough level, but Bronze is labeled in white? All the other Novice level materials are coloured white but Bronze is still Apprentice?
I think it should be green, I'll check out why that's not showing up

Immediate edit: Just changed the tier of bronze ore, will see if that fixed it

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Book for naming items and their description is not showing up when clicking with crafted shield. I believe this may be because of the blocking feature to them. May need to switch it to left clicking for them.

Ive stated this before, but under carving you can carve limestone and raw stone in the lower tiers, however Earkstone and Raw Obsidian do not seem to be able to be crafted under the carving system. Is this intended?

Scardrac

Felsummer
Book for naming items and their description is not showing up when clicking with crafted shield. I believe this may be because of the blocking feature to them. May need to switch it to left clicking for them.

Ive stated this before, but under carving you can carve limestone and raw stone in the lower tiers, however Earkstone and Raw Obsidian do not seem to be able to be crafted under the carving system. Is this intended?
No, Earkstone and Obsidian are supposed to be carving materials.

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
Any plans for those with harvesting specialization to be able to shear a sheep without killing it?

kaiser_harding

Legend of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
This isnt feedback more of some ideas. I know yalls check list is pretty long right now, but I thought id throw these out there to put them on your radar incase you liked the idea or even just the concept and wanted to add it eventually. Also warning, if any of this is already mentioned im sorry, its too much to read.

1: I believe this one is already being talked about but I thought id mention it incase I was wrong
Training: So with the current beta, every smith (not grandfather) for example is self taught but it also takes a LONG time. What if we added a system where a higher ranking smith could train the person below them to speed up the process

2:
Collaboration: as it stands smithing and other crafting takes a long time for the cooldowns, which to my understanding is because of the time it takes IC to make the items. What if there was a system to speed it up, through collaboration. So for example 2 smiths (or more) could work together on the same item to speed up the process

3: Ive noticed a problem with nicknames and crafting. many players on the server have multiple characters, and because of that their Nick is always changing, and I personally have goofed multiple times with having the wrong nick during the crafting, and now the items have the wrong names on them.

Mudpaw: Instead of it being linked to a name, have the signing section of the book be the name of the crafter.

kaiser_harding

Legend of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
Are we supposed to not be able to make handles out of metal? and if so, are we allowed to IC modify the weapon outside of the plugin for example, say the hilt is wrapped in leather

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Any plans for those with harvesting specialization to be able to shear a sheep without killing it?
This is a reasonable idea, but I'm not sure how to easily implement it. Will add it to the back burner.

This isnt feedback more of some ideas. I know yalls check list is pretty long right now, but I thought id throw these out there to put them on your radar incase you liked the idea or even just the concept and wanted to add it eventually. Also warning, if any of this is already mentioned im sorry, its too much to read.

1: I believe this one is already being talked about but I thought id mention it incase I was wrong
Training: So with the current beta, every smith (not grandfather) for example is self taught but it also takes a LONG time. What if we added a system where a higher ranking smith could train the person below them to speed up the process

2:
Collaboration: as it stands smithing and other crafting takes a long time for the cooldowns, which to my understanding is because of the time it takes IC to make the items. What if there was a system to speed it up, through collaboration. So for example 2 smiths (or more) could work together on the same item to speed up the process

3: Ive noticed a problem with nicknames and crafting. many players on the server have multiple characters, and because of that their Nick is always changing, and I personally have goofed multiple times with having the wrong nick during the crafting, and now the items have the wrong names on them.

Mudpaw: Instead of it being linked to a name, have the signing section of the book be the name of the crafter.
1) Maybe, but tricky to do
2) Trickier than 1, to the point where it's a probable 'no.' The closest approximation will probably be to get a buddy to make components that also take time to make, like hilts.
3) Yes. So much so, that it has happened before I remembered to respond to this.

Are we supposed to not be able to make handles out of metal? and if so, are we allowed to IC modify the weapon outside of the plugin for example, say the hilt is wrapped in leather
Metal hilts aren't added yet, but I shall. Small features like leather wrapping you can assume to be included for now, I'll experiment with getting one that lets you add specific leather for the special ones.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
I was in a call recently where I brought up how weapon upkeep can usually use different oils.

I've seen mention of whetstones before in the crafting system. Are there any plans for oils for upkeep and other applications?

Scardrac

Felsummer
I was in a call recently where I brought up how weapon upkeep can usually use different oils.

I've seen mention of whetstones before in the crafting system. Are there any plans for oils for upkeep and other applications?
No, we think that the damage and repair function is enough upkeep on the player's hands. Oiling is something that is cool for flavor, but wouldn't be too necessary on some of our fantasy materials, so I don't think its worth complicating things more for a small feature.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
What animals can you find out in the world for the butchering skill? I have so far only found deer (cows), sheep (sheep), and parrots (common birds). Is there anything else out there? I have been looking and can not find anything else beyond those?

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
For the time being I am waiting for major releases to come out before I begin my crafting adventure, I've decided I want to go into gemcutting when it's released as it will be close to enchanting, But Don't know what a good complementary skill that would go with it might be.

I'm leaning toward Bowyer or oranamentalist.

I guess to keep on topic I'll ask, Do skills not mesh well with each other? Would I be making a mistake if I don't pick out my second specialization wisely?

`

Last edited:

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend
For the time being I am waiting for major releases to come out before I begin my crafting adventure, I've decided I want to go into gemcutting when it's released as it will be close to enchanting, But Don't know what a good complementary skill that would go with it might be.

I'm leaning toward Bowyer or oranamentalist.

I guess to keep on topic I'll ask, Do skills not mesh well with each other? Would I be making a mistake if I don't pick out my second specialization wisely?

`
In my experience, weaving has been instrumental for bowyer, so they definitely synergize in cases

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
Uh when did the flavor text for Cut Chokevine go from white to blue? cuz i have a partial stack of each and which is the new official chokefvine

Same for Chestnut wood is it Eastlander or Easterlander?