Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Crafting Plugin Feedback + FAQ Thread

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
If Gemcutting is the spiritual successor of Enchanting, how should we go about grandfathering enchanted weapons or armour through the form?

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Do full suits of armor count as one item or multiple?
Also, which character card should I put my faction armory under, if at all?

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
Is Aloe bugged? it hares the same rarity as many fungi that are confirmed at their rarity level but by it's description it seems to be abundant in the lands south of and around Linistel but after 3 hours of Monster Energy fueled searching the desert has more cotton and flax in it's depths than anything, What other southern deserts does it spawn in or is this plant node broken?

Juvix_

Lord of Altera
Legend
Juvix_
Juvix_
Legend
For the item grandfathering (https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/hollowcrafting-grandfathering-items.51285/#post-799618)

Do we include things like plants (that are 'notable for the character' / important to them and their roleplay)? What about trinkets or jewelry, or other little items (that, again, have actual value in terms of roleplay) for characters who are hoarders or traders? I'm mostly seeing armor and weapons with the occasional trinket in the grandfathering queue, but will other items that aren't transferred into the system eventually be voided in roleplay?

I'm using Quill and Hakovi as obvious references for the previously mentioned tropes, but I know there are other players with characters that will probably end up struggling with this. I know not everything can be inserted into the crafting system, but I thought I'd ask for clarifications sake.

Scardrac

Felsummer
For the item grandfathering (https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/hollowcrafting-grandfathering-items.51285/#post-799618)

Do we include things like plants (that are 'notable for the character' / important to them and their roleplay)? What about trinkets or jewelry, or other little items (that, again, have actual value in terms of roleplay) for characters who are hoarders or traders? I'm mostly seeing armor and weapons with the occasional trinket in the grandfathering queue, but will other items that aren't transferred into the system eventually be voided in roleplay?

I'm using Quill and Hakovi as obvious references for the previously mentioned tropes, but I know there are other players with characters that will probably end up struggling with this. I know not everything can be inserted into the crafting system, but I thought I'd ask for clarifications sake.
I would head in-game and check /crafting recipes, there are bits of jewelry and other trinkets/baubles in there, and if anything stands out afterwards, say so either here or the discord.

“Miscellaneous” items like shiny buttons or fancy coins dont need a hollowcrafting prop, but if youd like one, you can make a ticket with lore team and we can make you a prop, if its a one-off thing that doesnt need a recipe.

Intal

Lord of Altera
IntalCraft64
IntalCraft64
I've read most of the FAQ thread, but I'm still unsure if this was mentioned before. Regarding specializations, since we can choose at most 2 specializations, can they be in the same profession? Are we still able to advance in other professions when we do? Can we choose them at any time? Just confused about the wording on the main thread.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
they do not have to be in the same field. You are limited to just two though. I think once you reach a high enough rank in a field, you can choose your specialization which will open up new recipes. There is no rush to choose though, you can spec in any time after you are a high enough rank to do so.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Is glimmersteel Viable for Foci? does it react to lodestones/conduct electricity decently? Normally I would make a ticket for this but I wanted to ask here.

This question could extend for other materials. But I will keep it to this material for now.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Could we have a buyback for old versions of materials that no longer give out XP? So like leather, bones, iron, bronze, wool, flax, mutton, venison etc?