Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Council votes

Vote for you want below!

• Uriel Valhart

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Cymic Seymour

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Jin Elsattir

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Pod Flanders

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Woven

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Arthur Blackby

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Ardaric Tideborne

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Lewis Doggett

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Rowley Durandal

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Milah Sicarus

Votes: 24 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
He owns a dock property.
I feel Brit had a valid question with the property thing so I'm not sure about Cymics post up there - But do you mean the OOC wool shop? If so, do the rules mean properties owned IC or OOC, and I missed that? (I mean in regards to people owning actual homes, businesses, etc as well by 'IC', not just saying a char lives there.)

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I feel Brit had a valid question with the property thing so I'm not sure about Cymics post up there - But do you mean the OOC wool shop? If so, do the rules mean properties owned IC or OOC, and I missed that? (I mean in regards to people owning actual homes, businesses, etc as well by 'IC', not just saying a char lives there.)
What's to say it's not ic too. Not to mention cymic isn't an "out of towner" by any means, it just seems a little redundant to nitpick.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
If it was all about ic all of yall would be outvoted by the one and only who fought for the people's rights for months, Mr Arthur fucking Blackby, you know it baby.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
do the rules mean properties owned IC or OOC, and I missed that?
I remember reading that an ooc shop which you pay rent for counted as wel as an ooc house for instance or an ic involvement

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
Each piece of property usually has an IC character behind it. When filing for rent, you have to list one.
I'm not going to nitpick this any more than I already have when it comes to property ownership.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I'm not nitpicking, I'm asking to clarify, and if I did indeed miss it (which seems the case) I can be told that without being told I'm nitpicking over it. Hope its fun.

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
I'm not nitpicking, I'm asking to clarify, and if I did indeed miss it (which seems the case) I can be told that without being told I'm nitpicking over it. Hope its fun.
I didn't mean that line like that, and I apologize.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I think the next time we come to a council vote, we should write up some more clear cut rules so that all of the confusion from the past few days isn’t repeated.
This isn’t a jab at Kam- she’s got a lot going on already and this is an awesome initiative in and of itself. I just think it’d be a good idea to clear everything up in a list of rules saying who can vote, who can apply and so on.
I do think that it’s a bit shitty that genuine questions were taken as OOC jabs and responded to with memes or rudeness. But hey, I can’t say much in that account except it’d be cool if we made an effort to not do that- me included.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Checks votes.
Checks top 7.
Sees Arthur isn't in it...
"OH I know what this is! You love him being the rebel, don't you?"
Continues Protests.
"You could've prevented this protest if you voted for me!"
Forever the opposition.

Kinda come to like it now that there'll be 7 active council members to interact with / be opposition of.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I didn't mean that line like that, and I apologize.
She's referring to what I said.
I feel like everyones on my case you can probably see why it feels like that

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I think the next time we come to a council vote, we should write up some more clear cut rules so that all of the confusion from the past few days isn’t repeated.
This isn’t a jab at Kam- she’s got a lot going on already and this is an awesome initiative in and of itself. I just think it’d be a good idea to clear everything up in a list of rules saying who can vote, who can apply and so on.
I do think that it’s a bit shitty that genuine questions were taken as OOC jabs and responded to with memes or rudeness. But hey, I can’t say much in that account except it’d be cool if we made an effort to not do that- me included.
If I genuinely hurt your feelings I'm sorry for that.

Last edited:

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I voted and I don't have a character with any care about SL or property or stake etc etc etc. I think next time we should have a citizenship requirement tied to a vote and make it more IC - a few people (whom I shall not name ( Squidziod ) ) asking for votes in some my group chats, while hilarious, is probably not the best system for a roleplay election.

Still cool tho.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I personally would love to see someone like Rowley, for example, in the council. Even though my character wouldn't vote for him ICly, I voted for him OOCly in the interest of a good story. Wouldnt even mind if Uriel or Podric became the governor, it'd make for a good story with how they handle lawful RP even though my character would never dream of voting them into office. If I had more votes I'd probably drop and egg in their basket.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
I voted and I don't have a character with any care about SL or property or stake etc etc etc. I think next time we should have a citizenship requirement tied to a vote and make it more IC - a few people (whom I shall not name ( Squidziod ) ) asking for votes in some my group chats, while hilarious, is probably not the best system for a roleplay election.

Still cool tho.
I second this idea. Considering...
Screenshot_20200703-033746_Gallery.jpg
Not often you see 62 player characters in SL or in the server to this extent. Hence I feel this somehow more oocly influenced than ICly. Though noting what Cymic said about having a good story and such, I feel IC should take greater importance.

Last edited:

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Not often you see 62 player characters in SL or in the server to this extent.
not at the same time, but if you looked at it there's probably around that many people active on the server currently, just not operating at the same time. definitely agree in regards to SL tho

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
not at the same time, but if you looked at it there's probably around that many people active on the server currently
Ah, didn't take this into consideration.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
...asking for votes in some my group chats, while hilarious, is probably not the best system for a roleplay election.
As somebody whom has overcome, with great difficulty over the years, not mixing RP with OOC-- this saddens me greatly.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

Still cool tho.
I think you are right. These votes are hardly a realistic image of the predecessing Role play that happened that caused this vote to happen in the first place. I must say that was very disappointing to me after the effort I've put in the protests and such. Although I've just come to accept it, I'm still not very happy about it though there's little one can do about it at this point.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
I think you are right. These votes are hardly a realistic image of the predecessing Role play that happened that caused this vote to happen in the first place. I must say that was very disappointing to me after the effort I've put in the protests and such. Although I've just come to accept it, I'm still not very happy about it though there's little one can do about it at this point.
Perhaps next time we can have people campaign for this? That'd be sick to see IC.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Perhaps next time we can have people campaign for this? That'd be sick to see IC.
Yeah that's what I had in mind with the altera pub quiz, giving some joy to the common folk haha but there wasn't much time and with the active campaign I don't think many people would think it'd make sense for their char to go to something so trivial in comparison to the hardship they go through of the campaign events.

No matter though I think Arthur might fit the roll of the endless opposition quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.