Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Connection Lost Help

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Error Message.png

For the past week or so, this has been happening whenever I try to log into the server. I can play only a handful of minutes before being disconnected with this message. I usually need to reconnect about ten times before somehow, for some reason, it seems to resolve itself for the duration of my RP.

I've already tried updating and reinstalling Java, and downloading Minecraft again. I've glanced around on Google, but no fixes on there have been working. I'd greatly appreciate if someone here could sort it.

Tagging a few people that might know what to suggest.
Baron Tiberione Solus - don't know if it's on the server's end in any way, but worth a try.

Thanks!

D

Dark Auras

Hey Mitch,
Can you try going to http://speedtest.net , selecting change servers, and type in "Beauharnois", it will come up with QC. Can you run a speedtest to there and share the results? You can just type the speeds if you dont want to link the test itself.

Tib

D

Dark Auras

Here you go. Think I did it right, but I'm not entirely sure.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7027330665
The issue I would see is your upload rate is very low, but it is still high enough that it should be able to keep you connected. The errors in the logs regarding your disconnects show an error common for disconnecting because of low internet speeds. Is it possible at all that your ISP is throttling your connection?

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
The issue I would see is your upload rate is very low, but it is still high enough that it should be able to keep you connected. The errors in the logs regarding your disconnects show an error common for disconnecting because of low internet speeds. Is it possible at all that your ISP is throttling your connection?
Could be. Do you think it'd be worth calling them to see if it's anything they're capable of fixing, if it persists? I've tried a bunch of Google recommended fixes and nothing has solved it, yet.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Could be. Do you think it'd be worth calling them to see if it's anything they're capable of fixing, if it persists? I've tried a bunch of Google recommended fixes and nothing has solved it, yet.
Yes. I had an issue a while back where my internet and connectivity was shotty. When we called, we found out it was something wrong on their end and they fixed it for us. It couldn't hurt.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
I'll see about getting around to that, will probably desperately bump this again if they can't do anything about it. Thank you for the help, Tiberione and NIAH.

D

Dark Auras

I'll see about getting around to that, will probably desperately bump this again if they can't do anything about it. Thank you for the help, Tiberione and NIAH.
If they cant do anything, bump it again and Ill try and work with you on a more direct level to fix your connection issues!