Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Campaigns Update

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
I'm fine if events and things stem from the current SL atmosphere, but I'll not be personally hopping in with a mini campaign for it. Though I'm here to approve things for most events, it might be worth a chat with Kamaoe for spawn stuff, see what can be done. :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'm fine if events and things stem from the current SL atmosphere, but I'll not be personally hopping in with a mini campaign for it. Though I'm here to approve things for most events, it might be worth a chat with Kamaoe for spawn stuff, see what can be done. :)
Good idea!

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Updated to include the Life arc. I know I've fallen behind on some things, I apologise for that. This thread does not include 'Arcs' as a whole, those ongoing projects are elsewhere.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I do not think you have fallen behind on anything, Elz. The progress you and others are making is extrodinary. If anything, I would recommend you slow down to relax and avoid burnout! :p

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
As a more transparent update, I'd like to just go on to explain some things to give more reasoning:

An arc/campaign plotline began with the volcano area and threads made that made updates and rumours to earthquakes, big storms, snowfall atop the volcano, and northern light style lightshows. This was being ran by the old loremaster, and I was not involved in its creation or the events that were planned to be made from it, and so with his departure I had to piece together what I could and try to wrap it up where people didn't feel like they lost things. Ultimately I have had to settle on voiding it and making it far smaller scale, but it took a while to get there and the work of even trying to get there wore me out.
The 'Cradle of Glass' arc in the south follows a similar story, I am not fully updated on Immortal lore or lore around the ship/the entities about it. Nor was I aware of what was intended for it in the long run aside from a possible expansion of the ship/events. I've done my best to come up with a way that wraps it up with new lore that JustTheEngineer can work with, and ideally this also helps the lore team address Constructs better. I feel this arc can wrap up soon, but again, it took a while to get there.

The spawn campaign was intended to be more of a playground for new DMs as I finished a month of being the PR Admin - But it ended up timing poorly with a few server problems I'm sure you're mostly all aware of. I tried to wrap it up, I don't feel I did it too well, and I know a few folks were pretty frustrated. Since January I've been mulling on the Life arc but each time I do I realise I have more to get done first, and as a result I know a great amount of players are pretty exasperated that progress can't be made. I want to, but I also want the arc to be satisfactory to those involved, and so it's going to take more time to get something more concrete before I begin.

I'm hoping that with the introduction of the 'Event Arc' systems there will be more events for players without it being all on me to direct, too. I just wanted to make it a bit clearer and whilst I do apologise for it, some of it has been out of my hands. I'm up for chatting with people if they like, I promise I'm not that frightening.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
The State of Events

Hey all,
Since Life's return, the world's conflicts have spread into various threads. Smaller pockets, arcs and events will help shape certain parts of your character's world. Players are taking initiative in shaping their character's destinies through their own hosted events and DMs are offering to share their own stories in different ways in different parts of the server world. To some, this can be 'down-time' to rebuild or plan schemes and battles before the next wave of danger hits, but view this as the current normal where danger and adventure is always outside the scope of safer zones.

There will be a coming Server Campaign Arc. The finer details are still being written and refined. It won't be as encompassing as prior campaigns, but it will certainly effect the state of parts of the world. However, players can optionally involve themselves and no ongoing event or arc should stop while it's running- unless players let it effect things. I'll hopefully be able to have volunteering DMs help in order to spread the interactions with the Arc. We won't be starting for a while yet- so stay tuned or pursue your own ventures.

That's it! Just a small update on what's happening.
Carry on.