Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Campaigns Update

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
This here is a thread to keep the server updated on the general state and timeline of campaigns as a whole. It'll be updated here and there as things progress. It may include things outside of campaigns but not everything will be present here.

===​

| 2022 |

[Nettled Eyes in Dreary Fables] -
tbd

| 2019 |

[Schism] - Cancelled
Lannis was the runner of this campaign, but things fell through before it could begin and this is now considered cancelled and not up for later review.

[Cults] - Released
Whilst these are not a campaign, they were released as an aid to those trying to do more divine related arcs with their characters and encourage teamwork.
https://hollowworld.co.uk/forums/cults.605/

[A Reaching Hand] - Completed
This campaign was a shorter one, about a month, and ultimately ended in the public release of Vyres.
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/vyre-lore-the-rise-of-a-new-moon.46791/

[Unhinged] - Completed
This campaign spanned from October-December 2019 and resulted in several changes involving the Titan known as 'Archon'.
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/unhinged-final-notes.47639/

| 2020 |

[Augury] - Completed
This campaign roughly spanned April-September 2020, and followed various changes in how DM'ing was approached with party systems. It included Mortan, Immortals, the Vis Titan, etc.
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/augury-finale-what-next.50102/

[Supernatural Bestiary] - Released
With the conclusion of Unhinged, there was a shift in what can exist on the current map, and a section included to show these entities.
https://hollowworld.co.uk/forums/the-supernatural.638/

[Event Requests] - Released
A thread was made to allow a way for players to request events with the ongoing break in greater server campaigns.
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/looking-for-events-event-request-thread.50033

| 2021 |

[Heart of the City] - Complete
A campaign focused around Storm's Landing, allowing a brief time where undead could roam and be in many varied forms.
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/heart-of-the-city-spawn-campaign.51206/

[Grasping Void] - Complete
This was an event arc to complete and wrap up what was left with the Immortals/Cradle and so on, ultimately resulting in the destruction of the ship and the arrival of 'Wyrms'.

[Ashen Skies] - Complete
This is planned to be a series of events throughout April focused on the happenings at the Volcano in the North. This one will be edited and revised from original plans.
Update: Likely to conclude in early may, most of this arc has been voided and settled for more of a world event based on atmospheric updates.

[Exsanguination] - Complete
A smaller event chain that ultimately results in the release of the Vyre rework. Merged with Ashen Skies.

[Vyre Rework] - Complete
The release of the lore of the Vyre Rework.

[Life Arc] - Complete
Date is TBD. I have various things to do before I can focus on this, but when this arc comes into play it should resolve (or allow players the ability to) the 'Life Arc' with the addition of the release of new revival systems. This may be more of an Arc system, instead of a Campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
How long will these campaigns be? Maybe I’m just a party pooper but I’d rather like that these campaigns not be Blight-scale disasters that destroy any chance of holding non-campaign events At any time, especially during the weekends bc that’s the only time university and working people across the server can manage to get on.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
I do not plan on any of the campaigns to be following the trend of Forlorn - It was not met well with confining people to one place overall. I'm hoping they're a bit more on the subtle side so people don't feel punished for not partaking, and approach things a bit differently.
The first one I don't imagine will go beyond three weeks.
The second, I don't know, but I'll be trying to keep it shorter than Forlorn was.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I do not plan on any of the campaigns to be following the trend of Forlorn - It was not met well with confining people to one place overall. I'm hoping they're a bit more on the subtle side so people don't feel punished for not partaking, and approach things a bit differently.
The first one I don't imagine will go beyond three weeks.
The second, I don't know, but I'll be trying to keep it shorter than Forlorn was.
Okay, awesome! Hope I didn’t sound like an ass, the Forlorn campaign made me, well, Forlorn! Even if it was really cool :DD Anyways, I can’t wait for the next campaign! Keep up the good work Elz and co! :heart:

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
This sounds very exciting! I look forward to seeing some cults pop up. I remember French tried to start a (sorta evil) Shalherana cult but didn’t continue it, I feel like cults getting “legitimized” with Lore will encourage more people.

'A Reaching Hand'
I’m equally exited for this! I’m interested to see what is being brought back.

'Unhinged'
I’m MOST excited for this though. I’ve been waiting for a good horror/spooky type campaign, and I hope I’ll be able to participate actively. Can’t wait for spooky stuff to begin c:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
How do I submit a cult to the thread BoredBrit mentioned?
I think the Dark Order should be included there and I got loads of threads to link to for its successes etc.
Would love to get some boons for its members in this way :)

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
I think the Dark Order should be included there and I got loads of threads to link to for its successes etc.
"Beginning of a Cult" section of the thread Brit linked

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
From what read, the dark order is an organisation toward 3 gods, cults can only support a single god.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Also it seems the goal of the cults are to either change a god or keep someone from changing it.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
I am glad and grateful for Elz stepping up to bring some direction to the server after months of nothing. I’ve definetly noticed a big drop in activity server-round and a lack of motivation for players to continue.
It definitely feels as though the ball was dropped with the Schism campaign being canceled due to inactivity that has been persistent for a long time. (I’m not blaming Lannis here because lives always tend to get busy, but a server campaign takes a lot of time and dedication and someone that has had/still has activity issues shouldn’t be the main hinge on the continuation of a major campaign.) It is understandable that another major campaign might be postponed until October-ish, so hopefully event staff can keep stuff rolling between now and then. I also think recruiting more DMs and event folk might help reduce stress on Staff during this time.

I’d like to see this trend of transparency that has started with this thread (regarding the progress of the campaigns) continue— it doesn’t benefit the community for everything to be shrouded in total secrecy and vague dates to be given like was the case with the Schism campaign that was hinted at in the last major campaign update post-Starfall.
Even little updates on campaign construction would be much appreciated because it lets the community know that there is progress being made.
One of the major reasons I (and others) have been inactive lately is due to a lack of a non-player-led campaigns. Server Campaigns have always tended to lead to an influx of returning and new players that is healthy for the community’s growth and Hollowworld has definetly been lacking that lately. I hope it returns with these new campaigns. :)

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Some updates:

'Reaching Hand' is now concluded. It was a small series of events that were not exceptionally intensive which ultimately came about releasing a reworked version of the 'Vyre'. You can see the conclusion and Vyre write-up here: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-rise-of-a-new-moon.46791/

I'll be taking a week to catch up with any outstanding Divine stuff (It's always going on) and trying to relax briefly but we've multiple google docs of stuff to parse through for the next campaign and we should be able to see it coming into play mid September. I'll be working with Squid and Blarg primarily (like forlorn) but Niko and Rygan have expressed interest in helping out along the way if I need some stuff doing, so there should be no shortage of DMing for it. (I'm not currently looking for any more aid, however)

I'm going to consider looking at a bestiary opening or contest at some point as well to help include some new, more interesting, event monsters for players to use.

I'll also try to take the time to see about what comes after this next one - Very up in the air, but I figured it was worth noting that it isn't forgotten.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
This has been updated. The next campaign is pushed back a few months to span over summer, as right now there is a lot of activity(not a bad thing!) and it needs more time our side to iron things out. Thanks!

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
It still feels like Unhinged barely just ended so more time for player made growth is cool with me.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Yeah, pushing things back would be nice, since I’m sure there are people who still want to hold events. Personally I still have some stuff on my to-do list which I never got to do due to the hubbub around the disappearances

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Wonderful!
I was discussing it with... I forgot who, but we agreed that it's nice to see what's happening in Storm's Landing right now, so I'm glad that we're getting the time to do this rather than have a campaign that doesn't have much to do with the current activity be draped over it.
I remember that we agreed with whoever I talked to that we were hoping to see staff react to that with maybe a mini-campaign coming from all that activity. Since the activity is already there. Dunno if that is a possible thing. I'm sure things will continue either way, but we just agreed that it'd be dope if someone would pick up on that.