Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Byrne Nazari's Application [Accepted - Jase]

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
The Whitelist Application Form
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Byrne_Nisovin Old_Jagar

2. How old are you?
I am 19 years of physical age.

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
Im from the United States, California. PST

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I sure have, havent combed through all of the lore but a fare bit.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the act of using knowledge from outside the game in the game to influence your characters actions/ideas. Powergaming is a form of thinking that utilizes using power to your advantage, I know its vague but it can have alot of meanings. One example of powergaming is to succeed via emote actions "I stab the man and kill him" there is also playing to win the game and not roleplay. Certainly your character can be power hungry but you shouldnt be, this is a collaborative game!

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
You sure do not!

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)

Hi, My name is Adam and Im a rad cool dude, I love nutritional science and cooking! I got a 2 dogs and 3 cats, Heading off the college in the spring and I help run a smaller rp server as a admin, looking for somewhere to play rather than staff. Im a minor anime fan and I love Gwent the witcher card game! Im huge into D&D and have been playing for a good 6 years! I dm and I play, ive done several solo games and big ones too, I was into adventures league during 7th season! I went to a stem high school and love robotics and making friends, I’m super social too and was Safety captain of my robotics team. I was also the president of my school’s LGBT cooking club!

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is optional. It does help us figure out where the majority of our players come from)

Nope

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, have they settled the ire of Titans and Gods. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through tenacity and reverence. The memories of their trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the stars flicker and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
(Byrne Nazari)

Character Age:
(8)

Character Race: True Soolera adopted by a Kaltic family
(Have a look through our Playable Races! Here's a helpful Guide!)

Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)
Tan skin with blue grey eyes, black hair and typically wears light blue clothes.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

A small boy with bright blue eyes running throughout the muddy and icy roads of Halbed, snow falling in his dark hair as he sprints to his destination, a small circle outside of town with a fence inside it. A smile was on Byrne’s face that day, he wanted to watch his hero fight!

His glee was evident, he had been following his hero for a long time now, all the way from Stolfar to Halbed where he is currently staying. He had stayed with the silent capari, he even got fed from this man, after watching him hunt. Now was the night, he overheard some men talking about beating up the hunter, of course Byrne blabbed to the hunter about it, and got nothing but a snarl and silence. Byrne immediately went back to talking endlessly to the Capari about hunting and fighting on a one sided conversation. This went on for a good 2 hours before the hunter managed to escape Byrne, presumably to go fight those men Byrne would believe.

Charging at the large fence he saw what he wanted, a large crowd surrounding it, the crowd was cheering loudly,
“GO MVARI GO! GO MVARI GO!”
Byrne would have to squeeze through the crowd to get in, but he had to see this go down! He slipped through the crowd with no ease, it took quite a bit of strength but he popped out into the other side, his cheek right against the fence, but his eyes were directly on the fight going on, fists were being slammed back and forth, but the dwarf was quite bloodied, but not unconscious yet! The capari hunter slammed the dwarf in the face with a grimace on his face.
"By Krummi Stenahurr's beard your a tough goat!"
The dwarf would exclaim in a shout getting a couple laughs from the crowd. Fists were continued to be thrown. There was a conversation going on about who would win from the people above Byrne
"Five bones on the hornhead"
"Putting 12 on the dwarf, you care to match Jarog?"
"Not sure."
Byrne at this point would hold his bag up poking his arm out of the crowd to the men's chest
"All in on the dwarf eating dirt!"
Byrne would exclaim only to hear laughter from the men as they looked down at him with smiles and nodded in approval, taking the bag with them.
The fight waged on as people were placing bets all across and eventually, the capari rammed his horns into the dwarf, tired of his weak drunken blows only for the dwarf to vomit all over the Hunters back before dropping to the ground.
The Capari left the ring with his honor, but without pride, for being vomited on truly was disgusting. He gave the dwarf one final kick in the stomach before jumping out and heading back off into the wilderness, with a small child at his hoof, bag full of coin in hand.
Byrne learned a valuable lesson that day, gambling and fighting is cool and can benefit you financially, and it can be fun to watch a dwarf get tossed around, and that sometimes, friendship could be showed with more than just words.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Really nice to read, although I wonder why he would be allowed to run around to different cities at 8 years old. Stolfar and Halbed are very far apart, not to mention not even cities within the Kalstadt. But regardless, this is well written and was a pleasure to read so- welcome to Hollowworld.

I have whitelisted your Byrne_Nisovin account, but not the other one.
If you wish the other one added, you will need to wait about a month before sending a support ticket to staff.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.