Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

AUGURY - RENEWAL

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
The Augury Campaign
OVERVIEW AND RESTRUCTURE

- - -​

I’ll start this thread off with an apology - I am sure the recent chaos regarding groups and the feedback thread coupled with this are confusing. This campaign has been an experiment in how we handle groups and plot lines, and whilst I do believe this to be the way forward, I felt many groups were becoming unbalanced with a severe lack of available event staff to help pull it along. So, I suggested blargtheawesome cancel it, and we focus on pushing back to a more linear and easier to manage campaign.

It’s at this time I’ll admit I have had no real part in the campaign and have failed as Event Coordinator, I felt burnt out from Unhinged and was struggling with real life enough that I simply didn’t step in to address issues or help the players working under me to provide the server with an enjoyable experience. If my team had the sufficient aid when they needed it, the groups would not have become so unbalanced and split and more hands on deck would’ve ensured the groups who hadn’t seen an event yet would get something. So for that, I apologise, and I do thank Bartooliinii for his time on the team as well and I understand his reasons for leaving it and apologise again for not making sure things were running smoothly.

That said, moving forward, I will be taking up more of a role in DMing and seeing the campaign through, with the aid of Rygan and Lannis both so blargtheawesome isn’t left doing it alone and players aren’t left feeling cast aside. Squidziod will be working alongside to read and approve where necessary.

I will be putting into place a pause of the campaign until around the 8th May - No events, research, or questions regarding the campaign should be taking place until after then. This gives the team a week to do the following:
  • Create a plotline of 4-6 events for each group. This will be events from the 8th moving forwards, and I apologise if some groups got events already and some did not, but it makes the most sense from a logistical standpoint to wipe the slate clean. These events will be re-written and approved by the team as a whole and this way we ensure each group gets a solid plot line without it cutting off too early or extending too long. These plotlines will be able to be completed faster or slower than other groups depending on the group and its assigned DM and their agreed upon pace, but only once all plot lines are complete, will we move onto phase two of the campaign.

• Re-structure groups to be more cohesive and inclusive. All groups should aim to have at least eight members (though we can look at this on a case by case basis), and assign a group leader. That group leader should in the next few days (Before 1st May) send a conversation to me via the forums with a list of all group members. From there we will see about merging groups and rearranging them so we can give each DM a set amount of groups without overwhelming them.
On behalf of the events team I want to say thank you for your patience in the past few weeks and hopefully moving forwards we can do this with a better system in mind to provide the player base with a campaign we’re all pleased to have taken part in.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Hey guys,

I always say honesty and transparency works best for communication between staff and y'all.

Here's the state of things:

We intend to open the campaign back up on the 8th as planned, but it'll mostly be making it so everyone can keep following previous plots and research and make events to hunt down things their characters are already after.

We're going to need more time on the party events because they're awesome. They have set pieces we have to build, stories we have to weave together so it all feels coherent, and all the works like that - so we need more time. Thanks for giving us that time.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
P.S. they may finish at different times, but as stated previously every party gets an equal-ish amount of events so anyone who has to start a little later is missing nothing. Hopefully this isn't the case.