Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Artwork and nudity/sex

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
This thread is designed to clarify the guidelines for nudity in artwork on the server. Nudity is okay, but we do have some restrictions.

- Nipples are alright
- Genitalia is not alright. Guys, if you want to create artwork that has nudity below the waist, go with Barbie and Ken - undefined mounds like you might see in some anatomical drawings are okay, but defined bits and bobs are not.
- If you have created a piece of artwork where someone has their genitalia on display and you don't want to remake a server friendly version but still want to share it, add an appropriate censor bar. When I say appropriate, this means a censor that comfortably covers up the offending article without going overboard. We don't need censor bars going from groin to ankle.
- Kissing and appropriate displays of intimacy are alright
- Sex acts are not alright, whether blatant or suggestive that a sex act is occurring. Not even with big censor bars in the way. Stick to snogs and romantic embraces.

If you're going to post a thread with nudity, please edit your thread title to reflect this; something like [Nudity], [NSFW] etc. Something obvious and appropriate.

If you're going to post a picture within a thread that contains nudity, please use the
type [ spoiler ] content [ /spoiler ] but leave the spaces out within the square brackets
commands around it and post a warning about the content.

If you're found to be in breach of the guidelines, your content will be removed but you will also be spoken to and pointed towards these guidelines so you know why/what's happening.

Final clarification; these guidelines apply to created artwork posted in this subforum. Don't go posting photographs of nipples or genitalia somewhere and try to use this guide to save you, it will not work.

Hopefully this clears some recent issues up.

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Question. I had a piece flagged for indecency, while still following all the rules stated here, and was still required to censor it. The only difference being that she had pubic hair because well... She's human, she has body hair, yet it still came up. I'm guessing it's because I put a line to define female genetalia? I'm honestly not sure. I always found that female genetalia as is doesn't really.. Show much from a frontal view, but I'm unsure. Perhaps I just don't see something the way others do.

Addenum: this was very awkward to 're-read in my head, and just as awkward to post.

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
I get what you mean, but yeah, it's that definition that we're trying to avoid. Again... the simplest thing I can say is 'think Barbie'.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Please accept this humble offering to insert into drawings that otherwise need covering of pictures replete with filth.

CensorLeaf.png

(Technically OC.)

nexscarecrow

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
CastleSuperbeast
CastleSuperbeast
Legend
Ive seen a lot of pg-13 sites have NSFW or 18+ sub fourms. Their locked off with both a password and some back end list. A member PMs a staff member for the password and gets added to the list of people who can view these threads. Im pretty sure this is a xenforo board so I know theres plugins for this, I can ask the owners of some other sites for the names of said plugins, if you cant find them yourself.

Would this work at on Hollow World?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Ive seen a lot of pg-13 sites have NSFW or 18+ sub fourms. Their locked off with both a password and some back end list. A member PMs a staff member for the password and gets added to the list of people who can view these threads. Im pretty sure this is a xenforo board so I know theres plugins for this, I can ask the owners of some other sites for the names of said plugins, if you cant find them yourself.

I think it'd be no fun for an artists's thread to be password locked, though. Not all of their work is spicy.

nexscarecrow

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
CastleSuperbeast
CastleSuperbeast
Legend
I think it'd be no fun for an artists's thread to be password locked, though. Not all of their work is spicy.
It would be an entire art thread. An artist could say have a regular SFW art thread, and also an NSFW thread in the 18+ section

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Concur with Niah - I think it'd both add hassle and potentially encourage artwork and expressions that aren't particularly wanted on the server anyways, since it's not an 18+ server in the first place and other expressions of a mature nature are also disallowed.

Unless I'm allowed to post my Scardrac X Darko slash fic there.

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff

I know this is something we could potentially do ie like you said, the plugins are there, but honestly it's not something I'm interested in having on the forums here. It's not what HW is about and it just seems like an added complication.

If people really want to do raunchy artwork, share it privately via Skype and Deviantart.

nexscarecrow

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
CastleSuperbeast
CastleSuperbeast
Legend
I know this is something we could potentially do ie like you said, the plugins are there, but honestly it's not something I'm interested in having on the forums here. It's not what HW is about and it just seems like an added complication.

If people really want to do raunchy artwork, share it privately via Skype and Deviantart.
Seems fair to me, thank you for the response~~