Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Approved] Discord Ban Appeal - BoredBrit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Hello there Moderation team,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to at least glance through this appeal. I cannot honestly remember the full circumstances that led to my discord ban, but I believe it had something to do with an argument with Tiberione. Now, I can recall that at the time of the ban Tiberione and I were not getting along and there was a lot of built up contention between the two of us. I thought he was out to get me at times and he clearly thought I didn't give him the respect deserved. I think both sides had merit and that things often got to the point where we would get heated in pretty much every encounter we shared. Its my belief that one of these encounters likely led to my ban and if that is the case, I would like to take some time to discuss and apologise for it.

As it is all across the server, some folks get along and some folks don't. I believe Tiberione and I do not and did not get along. What I know now, and should've put in place then, is that it is best to distance yourself from those you don't get along with. If you're a known hothead, perhaps its not a good idea to interact with folks that can push your buttons (intentionally or otherwise). I think it goes without saying that I have a history for being such a hothead, but I also think it goes without saying that Hollow World has helped me grow up from that- helped me figure out where to redirect that energy into the passions that I have. I like to think that I've gone from being a loudmouth yappy dog of the community into someone who genuinely tries to be respectful for the most part and, while I am opinionated, I try to work with others much more.

I do not know if he is still around or glances at the forums often, but I would like to apologise to Dark Auras for that argument and all the hostility that was had. You shouldn't have had to deal with it, to be honest, volunteer staff deserve more respect than I gave them and I am trying to fix that.

-BoredBrit

----
Whilst not necessarily a part of the appeal, I'd also like to apologise to Jazzper. Another staff member who I've not exactly treated right. We've had some ups and some downs but I honestly think that at this point we're both just wanting to work to make the server a better place and I respect that.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
This has been seen and will be responded to shortly.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
BoredBrit,

Your appeal has been read and accepted, which means you can reconnect to Discord right away. The in-depth apology and attempt at recollecting the argument in question are certainly appreciated, as they allow for understanding and growth. Being passionate is definitely a good thing, and I hope this reconnect to the HW Community through Discord will provide a good, additional medium to channel it into. Just to make sure all is in order, please ensure you read the Discord & You guidelines.
Welcome back!

Kind regards,
Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.