Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Anime

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I just finished two different series (such that they are complete...):
Girls Last Tour and Love and Lies
The first dealt with two girls in a post-apocalyptic society. Fairly good, even if the character art bothers me to hell. Really introspective of our place in this world. Not my favorite ending, as it felt like a copt out. However, there's talk of a second season, but due to the extent of the manga, they apparently ran out of content, and so may go the way of FMA and make it up as they go.
The second one, while not necessarily something I would watch, dealt specifically with a world where the government matches people up. The hope is to increase Japan's birth rate (it apparently works). However, the protagonist loves someone else, and confesses to her right as he is given his 'assigned' partner. He has to make up his mind who he will pick by the end. This one needs a second season, but it tugs you in too many directions. It cannot make up it's mind.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Record of Grancrest war:
EP 11
I just saw the dumbest castle defense in history... They could have actually won that -_-.
Goddamnit they could have even broken the siege and cut a trench through the enemy forces as the only real danger was the guy next to their commander, their commander was freaking useless in battle beyond potentially giving magical buffs to her troops. -_-

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Netflix Anime this time boys.

A.I.C.O.
Serviceable little anime that wraps itself up nicely without feeling rushed by end, always apperciated. Room is left for a possible sequel or second season but it isn't a cliff hanger ending that demands a sequel that will never happen. Pretty basic all the way around but a good way to burn some time.

6/10
maybe 7/10 just for the whole not being sequel bait alone.

Children of Whales
This anime is just plain neat. Really bright colors, nice animation, interesting concept and some touching moments (quite a few attempts but some are hit or miss) also did I mention how pretty this anime is. Really given how dark and gritty a lot of anime go when telling a serious story, it was nice to see a serious story with bright visuals helped balance out what could otherwise become incredibly depressing.

7.5-8/10 but unfortunately is sequel bait. Or could have scored higher.

*Note- All anime were watched with Japanese VA and English Subs, I did not listen to the dubs so if you do so, you do so at your own risks. I've done heard one person got put off AICO due to the dubs. That said if you can't do subs for whatever reasons, dubs for both shows are available on Netflix.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
ReLife just got a four-episode OVA.

I don't often watch anime.
My friend told me of ReLife when I was back in Sixth Form a few years ago. I watched it and told him I didn't like the ending. A few days ago, he made me aware that ReLife got an OVA on Crunchyroll. I've watched it and I can say, without a doubt, the anime got a very nice and heartbreaking conclusion to such a wonderful story.

If you do not have Crunchyroll account (like me), somebody uploaded it to Dailymotion.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff

My friend told me of ReLife when I was back in Sixth Form a few years ago. I watched it and told him I didn't like the ending. A few days ago, he made me aware that ReLife got an OVA on Crunchyroll. I've watched it and I can say, without a doubt, the anime got a very nice and heartbreaking conclusion to such a wonderful story.

If you do not have Crunchyroll account (like me), somebody uploaded it to Dailymotion.
I'm not sure how they finished that series in 4 ovas....as that anime ended in the middle of the story. Regardless I am going to go watch this. That said I highly recommend you go read the webtoon which can be found in various places I am not allowed to name for free. Piracy is bad people don't do it!

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight

I'm not sure how they finished that series in 4 ovas....as that anime ended in the middle of the story. Regardless I am going to go watch this. That said I highly recommend you go read the webtoon which can be found in various places I am not allowed to name for free. Piracy is bad people don't do it!
Yeah, and I'm pretty sure I can already tell you what that ending is. Pretty sure they stayed faithful to the manga there.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Oh new post since I forgot something important...

There will be a follow up story to ReLife about
Kaizaki's subject aka Oga's brother. I can't wait to see as what he will introduce a certain someone lol

Edit:
And something else I've discovered: apparently all the Fate/Series minus Extellla are now on netflix, so you can now officially watch Zero and Apocrypha.
And for all you Ms out there: yes with dubs too

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Shoukugeki no emiya!...

Despite the image name this is an actual thing.
K.... its actually called Todays menu for the Emiya family.