Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Cure For the Pox Arcana

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Posters are put up overnight in most major cities, written in neat, elegant cursive in deep black ink, and carrying a black wax seal, taking form of a crow, at the bottom.

After numerous experiments and tests, I have found a cure to the Pox Arcana.

The solution is simple to make, simple to ingest, but harrowing to experience - however, it cures a Mage completely, without any side effects or damage.
To make the cure, simply mix one part Holy Water with one part silver liquid from the Mage's boils. The reaction is instantaneous - but let it settle for a few minutes. You'll know it's ready once the surface shimmers and the liquid smells of... lavender, curiously.
The Mage must drink this, all at once. They will feel an intense sensation internally, as if a fire rages inside them - they will feel intense pain all over. However, over the course of ten minutes, their pulsates will begin to drain and they will start sweating profusely. The mage feels irritable, aggressive, so be weary while they are reacting to the solution - stand at a distance. In ten minutes' time, they will start to calm and likely collapse from exhaustion - this is normal. Where pox once were, they now bear red markings that will disappear in a few days' time.
It's a grueling ten minutes - but well worth it, to be cured.

For non-arcane infected, I reckon Holy Water on its own will do the trick, just like with the Blight - just drink it. For Vyres, due to the... un-natural nature of their predicament, I presume the pus and Holy Water mixture is still needed. If help is needed making the cure, or administering it, I am able to come assist.

On a final note, I'd like to thank Kaelin Cerridwen for providing himself as a test subject for my research. And, I'd like to thank Queen Citrine for providing insight from her research.

Regards,

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
This cure is guaranteed, but by far the most harrowing. Pure arcane essence and holy water spreads through the body like a purging fire. For ten full minutes minutes their body is wracked with an increasing amount of pain, starting mildly and becoming almost unbearably intense as it becomes like fire in their veins. Pustules begin to drain, sweating intensifies. Hallucinations, aggression, and paranoia are heightened, leading them to lash out at anyone who tries to help them. At the end, they slowly begin to calm and usually collapse in physical and mental exhaustion. They return to consciousness slowly after a few minutes, or after a day, per the player’s preference. The pox marks are drained, but still red. But they will heal normally and naturally from there on in a few days.
This is the official writeup on the reaction, for those who begin to use it afterwards. I will post it on the Pox Arcana thread officially.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Ah, I forgot to put that in there! You cannot get sick again for 12 days. I'll add it officially