Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Cool Admin's Thesis (The End of PR [in its current state])

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend

Player Retention, Player Relations, Public Relations, etc, et. al. These have all been names assigned to the ever-looming new staff department that came to be, known as PR. Whatever it actually means, the important part has really always been what's it's represented - which is a desire for a coherent connection between staff and players, a way to know what people are thinking and to help do things that would both grow the community and, at large, make them happy.

I will be the first to admit that I did not take full advantage of the opportunities presented by the position. When I came into PR, I was much more ambitious, and I had much more free time. Here we are, just over a year later. And honestly, I didn't even realize it was a year until I just checked, explicitly for the purpose of writing this part of the post. I think that PR was likely conceptualized as much more of a social-central buzzing sort of department, always keeping feelers out, and running some sort of scheme. Naturally, as this post is happening, that did not.

If it wasn't clear, which... well, would be a bit awkward - this post is to hail in the dissolution of the PR department. That does not mean, however, that this is the end of this sort of thing for HollowWorld. No goodbyes, just 'see ya later's. The remaining work that PR does, such as whitelisting, is being folded into general staff work - as are the members being folded into general, or other staff positions. Newsletters and official Feedback Threads from the staff/admins will be continuing, in a new Quarterly fashion, ideally, rather than the previous monthly one.

What I want to emphasize the absolute most is that PR going away in name does not, in any way, shape, or form mean that Staff is cloistering and that, because there is not an official representative in the form of admin, that they will become more difficult to reach or speak to. Nothing too much is changing, and adjustments have been made internally to facilitate that; to keep things running as normal, so when you close your eyes, it almost seems like nothing's changed at all. Though I am stepping down from an admin position, I will be staying on Events, and [at least for the forseeable future,] running spawn, and I am always happy to listen to the concerns of those who have them.

I really do not want to make this post an unnecessary text wall, so aside from announcing the dissolution, what I really wanted to do is just say, thank you. For every experience I've been afforded as your PR admin, and for everyone who helped me along the way. Squid, who was owner when I acquired the position, Solus, who was admin at the time, Elz, who facilitated the shift when Solus first left PR, and naturally Lannis, our current fearless leader. To Wake, and Jase, Fronslin, Sami, Adam, Seal, Lovely, Fluffy. Thank you all for everything you did for me during this last year.

And most important, thank YOU, HollowWorld!
stay phresh

lenore

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
That’s a shame. I knew of a handful of folks willing to help out and volunteer for PR, including myself.

All the best, Lenore.