Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

1/13/2018 Forum Bug Report Thread

D

Dark Auras

Hello,

If anyone encounters bugs with the forums please post them here and I will sort through them ASAP!

Current known bugs: Attachments are all missing. This will be sorted within the next 3 days.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
1) Your Search Engine Indexing has broken during the move. Expect a heavier-than-normal forum traffic as various web spiders crawl all over the forums. Persons using search engines to access the forums will meet with unpredictable results in the near term future.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
ToastySpam couldn’t view certain threads- he’d always be presented with a “you’re not permitted” message.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
I tagged ya but on my Jerr'co profile. All my pics disappear when I try to click on them.

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
I tagged ya but on my Jerr'co profile. All my pics disappear when I try to click on them.
Ya this, uploads of pictures are broken and won't re-upload. Art threads pics and profile pics and etc are borked.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I cannot upload new attachments, but I reckon that has to do with attachments being missing. I can add external images through image-links.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
1) Your Search Engine Indexing has broken during the move. Expect a heavier-than-normal forum traffic as various web spiders crawl all over the forums. Persons using search engines to access the forums will meet with unpredictable results in the near term future.
Is talking bollocks your new hobby?

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Tisk tisk... still no HTTPS.
Are you frightened someone might hack your connection and find out how much cobblestone you own?

But in all seriousness it's probably something that should be considered real soon. I think Google will be making Chrome block non-HTTPS sites sooner than we think.

Last edited:

HogoShi_Kitsune

Lord of Altera
Legend
HogoShi_Kitsune
HogoShi_Kitsune
Legend
I will look into SSL. It is not a priority but it can be addressed.
It is a priority when you consider that soon Google Chrome and Firefox (and a few others) will soon:
Google will be making Chrome block non-HTTPS sites sooner than we think.
This will be displayed with a big nasty warning pages saying that "This site is not secure!", similar to this:

((This is the error you get with a self-signed certificate when you don't have your root certificates in your computer's root cert store))

You'll be able to click a "continue anyway" button, but honestly, not having HTTPS in this age is quite bizarre, especially considering that HTTP considered deprecated (in favor of HTTPS) and that setting up and maintaining security certificates is hardly difficult anymore.

I have a writeup I sent Solus on this a few months ago (probably more than half a year now) detailing our plans to move to another host and put the page on HTTPS. Poke her and she can send you that document, or I can find it and send it over to you. It's on Google Docs, but it has a few important points which I won't enumerate here.